Contact shortcuts?

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to make a contact shortcut on the homescreen (i.e. a direct dial shortcut) without installing the gargantuan contacts widget?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't do that anymore. I'm not sure. I haven't figured it out yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Long press,shortcuts, person. Then you pick the person from your contacts and select what you would like to happen when you pick them. You can make it dial immediately, go to messaging,go to facebook profile or go to display contact where you can pick what to do from there

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Long press,shortcuts, person. Then you pick the person from your contacts and select what you would like to happen when you pick them. You can make it dial immediately, go to messaging,go to facebook profile or go to display contact where you can pick what to do from there

Thanks. I didn't see that.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You might like circle launcher widget. The free version is fine. You have an icon and when you press it, your selected contacts pop out, organized in a circle around the widget.

The paid version ($1) allows you to use custom icons but not really necessary.

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I personally use Animated Widget Contact Pro for this task. In my experience it offered me the customization options I wanted on a contact shortcut. I like that it gives different options when you tap the icon such as calling, sending a text message, email etc and I can chose what those are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubi_esme