File transfer OSX

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
Any advice on best way to transfer files with osx using usb? My mac doesn't see it as usb storage device, and htc sync manager doesn't work.
Using airdroid currently, but not as fast as i'd like.
Any advice?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would think you can still install the drivers then it should be recognized.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I would think you can still install the drivers then it should be recognized.

Unfortunately haven't found any specific drivers. The software that comes with phone for osx can transfer music and pics, but doesn't allow for file transfer.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
What kind of files? Do you want them on there permanently or do you just need them when you need them?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately haven't found any specific drivers. The software that comes with phone for osx can transfer music and pics, but doesn't allow for file transfer.

Put your phone into usb debugging mode. If that doesng work, try the thread below. Looks like people had similar problems with the one x and it's probably the same.

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/541171-htc-one-x-unable-connect-computer-storage.html

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What kind of files? Do you want them on there permanently or do you just need them when you need them?

I want to be able to view the phone internal storage as a drive so that i can transfer files. Ex. transfer documents, transfer roms i want to flash, etc.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Google Android file transfer. Its a Google built app specifically for this purpose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree, Android file transfer is a good one. Air droid is also a good one. You do everything wirelessly though your browser.

I downloaded Htc media sync hoping that would work when I get my phone, I guess maybe not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed HTC sync and it works perfectly with my Macbook Pro 13" retina (late 2012)

I'm able to transfer music and pics with htc sync, but not files. The files tab is gray'ed out and not accessible. It works for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I agree, Android file transfer is a good one. Air droid is also a good one. You do everything wirelessly though your browser.

I downloaded Htc media sync hoping that would work when I get my phone, I guess maybe not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use airdroid as well... but some of these roms are >900mb, and takes too long sometimes with airdroid.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
When using HTC sync can you select individual movies you want to sync? Since I only have the 32Gb model I have to be selcetive and can't put all my movies on the phone without maxing it out.

paparis13

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
When using HTC sync can you select individual movies you want to sync? Since I only have the 32Gb model I have to be selcetive and can't put all my movies on the phone without maxing it out.

Haven't tried it, but i'm pretty sure you can.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Android file transfer is the only way to access the file system on OS X that I have found. There are no available drivers to simply mount this as a storage device.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So what happened? :(

Android File Transfer doesn't recognize my One.

I tried hTc Sync Manager & AirDroid2, both didn't work for me either. ATF, seems to be the best but for some I can get it to work.

I remember with One X, it shows up in Finder and let's me select Drive or Charge only. Is there a way I can get that back (in settings)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95