Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By prissysox
  • 2 Post By Awake
  • 1 Post By Awake
  • 2 Post By Droid Husker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a quick way to silence the phone when entering a meeting?

Is there a quick way to silence the phone when entering a meeting?

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a quick way to silence the phone when entering a meeting?

Put a sound control widget on your home screen

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

You can lower volume without unlocking phone. Just hit power button, when screen lights up, press down on volume until silent. Or install power toggles and choose silent/vibrate to be in notification shade.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    I use AudioManager Pro to create audio profiles (one of which is "mute"). You can then add a widget to your home screen to easily select the profile you want. Definitely worth the $2.99.

Just another option you may consider...

NFC tagging. You can set up a profile on the tag to silence your phone then just swipe your phone past it before entering your meeting

Granted this would only be an option if the tag was easily accessible for you before your meeting

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    Hold the power button, it should turn off pretty quick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    angad 

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Just another option you may consider...

NFC tagging. You can set up a profile on the tag to silence your phone then just swipe your phone past it before entering your meeting

Granted this would only be an option if the tag was easily accessible for you before your meeting

I keep one on my key ring to switch volume and blue tooth

ffejjj likes this.

I used Llama profiles and/or sound bar widget

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Use the built in Profile widget, works just fine.
    stevehsteveh and Led Zappa like this.

The answer is no as there isn't a physical mute button

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    The answer is no as there isn't a physical mute button

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I reiterate, "Use the built in Profile widget."
    Topgonzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    I keep one on my key ring to switch volume and blue tooth

Key ring... I didn't think of that. Perfect

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but there is a much easier and quicker way to mute the phone then any mentioned methods. Turn on the screen, even while locked just hit the volume button to bring up the volume bar (doesn't matter which direction you hit it, you just need to bring up the volume bar), then you just click once on the the little phone icon on the left end of the bar, that silences the phone, click again to put on vibrate, and click again to go back to whatever volume you had it set at.
    Thanked by 3:
    sjcdal and Dane Lennox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    I reiterate, "Use the built in Profile widget."
    You understand that iphones have a physical switch that can easily mute and unmute your phone, right? You hear your phone going off in your pocket and you just reach in there and switch it to silent without even looking at it. But htc phones have nothing like this. You have to take it out of your pocket and draw lots of attention to yourself as you fiddle around trying to mute it. And then the phone might still go off again since there are multiple volume controls for different types of sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Delaney View Post
    You understand that iphones have a physical switch that can easily mute and unmute your phone, right? You hear your phone going off in your pocket and you just reach in there and switch it to silent without even looking at it. The HTC first has nothing like this and so the HTC first sucks. You have to take it out of your pocket and draw lots of attention to yourself as you fiddle around trying to mute it. And then the phone might still go off again since there are multiple volume controls for different types of sounds.
    This is the HTC one sub forum sweetie, not first. Let's scuddle back to imore.com now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

If the phone rings, just simply press the power button and it will mute. For other notifications, you can add a widget to your lockscreen.

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Or you can blindly reach into your pocket and hold down the volume key until it goes to vibration mode, if you want to get physical that is...

Posted via Android Central App

Just put it in airplane mode.

Surprised no one's mentioned quick settings. Even when locked, drag down the notification shade with two fingers, simply tap the profile tile to put the phone into silent or vibrate. Takes less than a second

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Leave it at your desk while in the meeting...

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    . . . Or install power toggles and choose silent/vibrate to be in notification shade.
    Nice suggestion! I use Power Toggles already, so I added the Volume toggle, and was really pleased to see that I could enable just Sound On and Vibrate in the Settings. Such a well-designed app! This will do well when Llama hasn't already taken care of it for me.

Press the volume button and the screen shows a slider level. At the left is a mute