HTC Sense apk file

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who has the HTC one have the apk for sense that can be uploaded so I can install it on my nexus 4?
Thanks

As I understood it, Sense is HTC's name for their launcher. So, assuming that is correct, in order to install it would be to flash a custom ROM.

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone who has the HTC one have the apk for sense that can be uploaded so I can install it on my nexus 4?
Thanks

Unfortunately what you want is not possible. :(

As I understood it, Sense is HTC's name for their launcher. So, assuming that is correct, in order to install it would be to flash a custom ROM.

Sense is much more than a launcher, it is very integrated into the system. I believe Rosie.apk was the old name, but it could have changed since then. Long story short in order to install that apk and use sense you would need tons of special library/system files.

I highly doubt there will ever be a sense rom for any device that didn't come from HTC with sense pre installed, the drivers simply don't exist.

(feel free to pitch in if you think I'm wrong or can explain this more elegantly :) )

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Theres no sense apk file. You would need a sense based rom. There are launchers in the play store that mimmick sense but they would have the system integration. That would require a rom. You should check xda in the development section for your device to see what's available.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately what you want is not possible. :(

Sense is much more than a launcher, it is very integrated into the system. I believe Rosie.apk was the old name, but it could have changed since then. Long story short in order to install that apk and use sense you would need tons of special library/system files.

I highly doubt there will ever be a sense rom for any device that didn't come from HTC with sense pre installed, the drivers simply don't exist.

(feel free to pitch in if you think I'm wrong or can explain this more elegantly :) )

I was looking at it as similar to TouchWiz for Samsung, which is their launcher. And if the analogy is correct, there is no way to install just TouchWiz without going to a new ROM.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was looking for a sense rom for my nexus but couldn't find one.

Sense and Touchwiz are love/hate for people. You'll be hard pressed to find a lot of sense ROM's for other devices.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's even harder to find a great ROM for the HTC Vivid!

As for the apk issue.
I successfully put Trebuchet (think that's how it's spelled) on my Vivid, but it only worked because it was from another ROM that was made for my Vivid. However, the launcher works, but I can't use widgets.

Sadly, it's not possible to put Sense UI on a phone that doesn't have the files/framework to support it. :(

As for who's asking, unless they changed it recently for the ONE, the apk is still Rosie.apk.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums