Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Lightbulb What Case Do You Have, Do You Like It? (Case Reviews)

There is a very long thread here that discusses all of the cases available.

In this thread lets just list the case we have, any info about it, if you like it or not, and a rating. This will make it easier for others to quickly be able to get opinions on the phone. Please, lets keep discussion questions on the other thread. I will link to all of the cases in this first post once people post their reviews. Thanks!

Case:
    Thoughts:
    Rating:

-----

Case Mate White
    Grain Series HTC One M7 Flip Leather Cases - Black
    HHI Mesh Plate Duo Shield Case for HTC One (M7) - Black/Red
    HTC Double Dip Hard Shell case
    HTC Flip Case
    Incipio feather
    Incipio DualPro (black)
    Incipio Silicrylic Shine Gel/Shell Case
    Otterbox Defender 1, 2, 3, 4
    Platinum Series (PT Case)
    Speck Candyshell Grip White/Black
    Speck Gemshell
    Last edited by pmp6nl; 04-22-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

Default Re: What Case Do You Have, Do You Like It? (Case Reviews)

I got a speck candyshell grip white/black. I like it a lot. Not too bulky but does add some bulk. It is protecting the phone great though. Cut outs are great and the power button is opened for the ir blaster. Fits well with the Ones design language and colors. Paired with my Zagg hd i feel like i have more than enough protection for my needs

9/10

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    soogriff likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Case: Platinum Series (PT Case) from Best Buy
    Thoughts: It is ok. It has a strange part that protrouds for the kickstand. The color is ok, not thrilled with it. Its very hard to get on or off. Its going back.
    Rating: 4/10 - Its going back.

I have the HTC Double Dip Hard Shell case. I really really like it. I definitely like it more than I thought I would. It adds great protection and also it has a very nice grip to it without adding a lot of bulk. Do I wish the top cap wasn't red? A little, but I must admit it gives the phone some character and I have had a lot of compliments so far. I used to only buy otterbox but got tired of the bulk. I am a big fan of cruzerlite but I wanted a little more grip. The front lips are raised enough to not scratch screen when face down and the speaker grills are not distorted at all. All ports are open including the power button. There is a cover on volume rocker but it makes it easier to use it IMO. I'm very pleased with the case. Also, if you get it at Sprint store, they have a year warranty on cases. They will exchange no questions asked as long as you have a receipt.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by pmp6nl View Post
    Case: Platinum Series (PT Case) from Best Buy
    Thoughts: It is ok. It has a strange part that protrouds for the kickstand. The color is ok, not thrilled with it. Its very hard to get on or off. Its going back.
    Rating: 4/10 - Its going back.
    I've always really liked the Platinum Series cases. My wife has one on her iPhone 5 and I had one for my Galaxy Note and we both were very happy with them.

For those concerned with battery life, Mophie Juice Pack, coming soon:
    mophie Juice Pack Charging Case for HTC One Mobile Phones 39742BBR - Best Buy One case&cp=4&lp=5

I got his one:

HHI Mesh Plate Duo Shield Case for HTC One (M7) - Black/Red

It has inner flexible layer with a harder outer red shell....very secure, doesn't add a lot of bulk and looks great. Only $7.99!

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Case Mate (white) $20
    9/10
    -slim profile
    -open port
    -soft touch inside protect the phone from scratch

overall good case...
    Thanked by:

I have the Otterbox Defender in Glacier. It has all of the appropriate cutouts, and they are easy to work with. It has four parts, The holster-stand, the squishy silicone layer, the hard plastic layer, and the screen protector that snaps into the the hard plastic layer. It has cutouts for the speakers, proximity control, and the bottom cutout is extended up to leave the back and menu buttons uncovered. I like it, although it is heavy. It seems like it doubles the weight, but I know that is an exaggeration. Undoubtedly it will be good protection. HTC One case | Defender Series HTC One case | OtterBox
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.

HTC Flip case. Chose it over the double dip. Paid more to get it at sprint vs amazon. Like it so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Bought the Otterbox Defender case this morning. I have since returned it. Didn't like how the screen protector had cut outs for the speakers that let all sorts of dust and what not under it. After being in my pocket for just a few mins it was annoying. The build quality was nice but the screen protector annoyed me. Oh well I will find something better.

Just order this black flip leather case, I think flip leather one is protective while not bulky. I have this for my s3 from Amazon before and it functioned well. So I try this again for the HTC one.

The Speck Gemshell is clear, and I've liked it for the four days I've had it.

It shows off the phone and adds very little bulk.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post
    Bought the Otterbox Defender case this morning. I have since returned it. Didn't like how the screen protector had cut outs for the speakers that let all sorts of dust and what not under it. After being in my pocket for just a few mins it was annoying. The build quality was nice but the screen protector annoyed me. Oh well I will find something better.
    I have noticed this too as I bought the defender. The solution i cam up with was to pop off the screen protector and install a zagg shield. This works greadt for me and the new HD line from zagg really looks like i have nothing on it so the screen still looks amazing.
    Gator352 likes this.

Incipio feather. Fits amazing well. Adds almost no bulk. Limited protection of course. Highly recommend.
    grumpycompuprof likes this.

Incipio DualPro (black) - I happen to really like this case - it offers 2 layers of protection, but is not as bulky as Otterbox cases. Highly recommend it!
    Blaalad12 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Incipio Silicrylic Shine Gel/Shell Case. Excellent!

So far I'm using the otterbox defender and I love it. I need the added protection because of working construction and its great. Also ordered a speck clear gem case for when I go out to show it off

Sent from my brilliant HTC One
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Case: Otterbox Defender
    Thoughts: It seems to be a good case. Easy to put on phone. Its a bit bulky, but that seems to lend it self to good protection. I do not like the screen protector that comes with it. The screen protector dulls the colors and it is a bit noisy when you press on it. Additionally, it is not very easy to slide on.
    Rating: 8/10 (if the screen protector is removed)

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    ROM

I have the white and black Speck grip case. love it. I really like the rubber grips on it. No screen protector.

I have since returned the double dip to sprint for the Speck Candy Shell in white. I saw it on someone else's phone and immediately had to have it. Offers good protection and the white with grey accents really match the phone beautifully.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Incipio feather. Fits amazing well. Adds almost no bulk. Limited protection of course. Highly recommend.
    Same here. I've got this case and it fits really nice and adds no bulk. Just the right amount of grippiness in my hand, and the matte black color looks good with my silver phone with a two-tone appearance.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I have used this one my gs4 and my HTC one. Here is a review for the HTC One

from [REVIEW] Cruzerlite Cases For HTC One - xda-developers

Here is a link to buy

Amazon.com: Clear Cruzerlite Androidified A2 TPU Case For HTC One: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got this Bear Motion case from amazon.
    Amazon.com: Bear Motion (TM) Premium Slim Back Cover Case for HTC ONE M7 - Sand (HTC ONE M7, Gray): Electronics
    Great slim case, perfect fit and the texture gives the right amount of grip for me. At $5.99 it's a steal.
    I also have the otterbox defender for times when more serious protection is called for but, for now the bear motion case is on 90% of the time.

I'm waiting for the Mophie juice pack case to hit amazon.com. I have a gift card. Need that extra power.

Case: HHI Flexible TPU Case.
    Thoughts: I have the matte clear back one, and it looks pretty good. This case fits well, tight enough but not too tight, way better than another $5 case I got from eBay. Cutout for all the ports at the right place. Even though volume rockers are covered, they are easy to press. I feel it will protect the phone well while adding little bulk, decent lid for screen protection. The only thing I'd change is a slightly better wrap around on the top and bottom, and a little grippier. But for under $5, it's a heavenly deal.
    Rating: 9/10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast