Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change icon color from white in notification bar?

Can someone tell me how to change the icon colors in the notification bar on the One? I can't find it anywhere and my background is very light at the top so the white doesn't show up very well.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Default Re: Change icon color from white in notification bar?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpandrun View Post
    Can someone tell me how to change the icon colors in the notification bar on the One? I can't find it anywhere and my background is very light at the top so the white doesn't show up very well.
    I too would like to be able to change the color of the notification bar. As you can see from my background it is very difficult to see the text. Sadly, I have a feeling I may have to alter the background to have a black bar at the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Change icon color from white in notification bar?-screenshot_2013-04-26-15-33-46.jpg  

This is going to require root. XDA may be able to help more on this issue.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted and alter system files to do this properly. All the apps in the play store are janky as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

So I just opened the original picture being used as my background on my computer and put a solid black line at the top. It isn't the best method of making the notification bar reader friendly, but it works.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Change icon color from white in notification bar?-uploadfromtaptalk1367361438970.jpg  

Good solution. Just another sense 5 quirk. You could also use a launcher that doesn't make the notification bar transparent.
    jtg11 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did the same. I could change them easily on my original evo.

I actually thought the bar was always black? I use magic locker for my lock screen and anytime i unlock the screen the notification bar is black but once the home button is pressed its transparent and will stay that way until the screen is unlocked again, I actually thought the only reason it was transparent was because of magic locker ha

There is a GREAT app for this in Playstore , it is free for 14 days as a trial but its only a buck! Status Bar+ , you can customize the look and color of your status bar , no need for root!! It really looks great!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Won't download. Freezes at about 85% on my HTC One. Never had that happen with any app before on any phone.

Perhaps I am missing something, I got the app Status Bar + and went in and changed all my icon colors and the status bar back ground color and nothing happened, I even did a restart and nothing, is there supposed to be an "APPLY" Button or something? I did pay the $1.99 and got the full version,.

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by donnyhat55 View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something, I got the app Status Bar + and went in and changed all my icon colors and the status bar back ground color and nothing happened, I even did a restart and nothing, is there supposed to be an "APPLY" Button or something? I did pay the $1.99 and got the full version,.
    Has it been updated to work with kit Kat?

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

How did you get it to change?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter7 View Post
    I too would like to be able to change the color of the notification bar. As you can see from my background it is very difficult to see the text. Sadly, I have a feeling I may have to alter the background to have a black bar at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpandrun View Post