Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Default HTC One and Spotify over Bluetooth

Has anyone been able to test spotify over a car bluetooth? I am having this issue where I cannot change tracks with my steering wheel controls? It will let me change the first track, but any track after that.. nope doesn't work. I think have to pick up my phone and change it from the lockscreen?

I do not know if the is a spotify issue or an HTC/Android Issue...

PS This is an incredible device!
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: HTC One and Spotify over Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Dgree03 View Post
    Has anyone been able to test spotify over a car bluetooth? I am having this issue where I cannot change tracks with my steering wheel controls? It will let me change the first track, but any track after that.. nope doesn't work. I think have to pick up my phone and change it from the lockscreen?

Same deal. Was unable to change tracks with Sync and my Mustang's steering wheel controls.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Same deal. Was unable to change tracks with Sync and my Mustang's steering wheel controls.
    Hmm that is one other person! I wonder where the problem lies? It is really annoying, my Nexus 4 was seamless...

My problem is with a BMW and iDrive
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Hmm that is one other person! I wonder where the problem lies? It is really annoying, my Nexus 4 was seamless...

My problem is with a BMW and iDrive
    Same with my Nexus. Have you tried Google Play Music? Any luck?

My suspicions (without testing):

(1) Bluetooth version/software
    (2) Spotify
    (3) Cars need updating

I am not able to stream spotify or anything other than songs that are saved on the phone and using the stock music player. Sometimes it'll stream about 3 seconds of Spotify and then stop but that's about it. (neither iHeart radio or Youtube work either) Phone calls work just fine and it even works to display my text messages on the nav screen.
    My Nexus 4 and galaxy S3 work 100% in my car (The Nexus does not display the text messages but streams just fine)
    *2013 MB C250*
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by raphymartinez View Post
    I am not able to stream spotify or anything other than songs that are saved on the phone and using the stock music player. Sometimes it'll stream about 3 seconds of Spotify and then stop but that's about it. (neither iHeart radio or Youtube work either) Phone calls work just fine and it even works to display my text messages on the nav screen.
    My Nexus 4 and galaxy S3 work 100% in my car (The Nexus does not display the text messages but streams just fine)
    *2013 MB C250*
    Interesting. Mine streams, I just can't select the track via the steering wheel.

I'm having no issues streaming and changing tracks using both the steering wheel and radio in a 2012 Acura TL. Maybe it helps if you guys delete the old phones from your cars memory?
    AT&T Silver HTC One
    AT&T White Galaxy S3 Using: Apex Launcher Pro and HD Widgets
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber View Post
    I'm having no issues streaming and changing tracks using both the steering wheel and radio in a 2012 Acura TL. Maybe it helps if you guys delete the old phones from your cars memory?
    Did that.

Sent from my HTC One
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

I need to test with Pandora and Google Music... That could tell me a lot... Standby

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I need to test with Pandora and Google Music... That could tell me a lot... Standby

Good luck. I will do the same in the am.

Sent from my HTC One

My HTC One is having issues with my BMW. I cannot use the steering wheel controls or see meta tag data in Spotify. Although It does stream meta tag support for music on the device
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Good luck. I will do the same in the am.

Sent from my HTC One
    Ok Google music streams perfectly and I can change tracks with my steering wheel controls...

Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Ok Google music streams perfectly and I can change tracks with my steering wheel controls...

So it's Spotify.

Sent from my HTC One

Try iheart radio and YouTube . I can't get those to stream either in my car

So it's Spotify.

Sent from my HTC One
    My DNA and my BMW exhibit the same behavior. My DNA and my Honda do not.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Ok I contacted spotify support... They told me to remove old phones from the cars Bluetooth menu...

I did that and now I can change tracks with spotify!

Still doesn't explain why other apps were working just fine with old phones in the car Bluetooth?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

In my 2010 Ford Focus with Sync, it sounds amazing, even with beats on! On the One X+ I always had beats off due to it being too much bass for my speakers.....As for changing tracks, I don't have an issue 99% of the time. If I do, I wake up the phone, unlock and then try.....Also turn on spotify and then shut it off and vice versa if acts up, seems to work.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

how the quality through bluetooth for you guys? i have a 09 acura tsx and quality is horrible. sound pops constantly. previous iphones and Samsung g3 worked100% fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ljx718 View Post
    how the quality through bluetooth for you guys? i have a 09 acura tsx and quality is horrible. sound pops constantly. previous iphones and Samsung g3 worked100% fine.
    Is it doing that for all music apps? Everything works fine on my '12 TL
    AT&T Silver HTC One
    AT&T White Galaxy S3 Using: Apex Launcher Pro and HD Widgets
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ljx718 View Post
    My sound quality is actually far far better than what came out of my Nexus 4 or GS3.

I have an htc one and having weird Bluetooth problems. Most of the time I cannot control anything from the cheap car stereo I have. But when working all the controls work fine. Also I get random drop outs while playing music or beyond pod podcasts. The same stereo works fine and the controls work most of the time with my old nexus one. I was hoping the new Bluetooth stack would make the controls work, it should not be this hard just to play something!

Exact same issue and same car. Tried everything to fix it. So now we know it's the car

I have an HTC One and a 2013 Chevy Spark and have bluetooth issues. I can't use voice control reliably with my steering wheel controls and I could no problem on my Note. This is a huge issue for me and has me seriously considering returning it if I can't get this resolved.

I had same issue today.. just bought my htc one 3 days ago and finally this morning i had some time to sync with bluetooth on my mustang. Everytime i connect, after i turn off the car, it was disconnecting. finally i found that other devices cause a problem.. deleted, and everything works perfectly now

Quote Originally Posted by raphymartinez View Post
    *2013 MB C250*
    I am having the same problem. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra with bluetooth audio (not the JBL upgrade). I can play music that is stored locally on my phoone through my stereo via bluetooth. It works with Poweramp, as well as the built in music player (the icon is a pair of over ear headphones). However, streaming music services such as Songza or Rdio won't play. At first I thought it might be a compatibility issue between my car stereo and the streaming services, but if I am playing on-board music and then open a streaming music app and hit play, it will play for a couple of seconds and then my car stereo says "Paused" and it will not resume. So, the signal is compatible. The streaming app seems to piggyback on the native player for a few seconds, but then signal is lost when the native player stops. It seems as though Songza and the like are not telling the stereo to play.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast