How to change the apps on the lock screen??

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
They are the same apps in the main drawer when you unlock the phone. Change them there and they will change on the lock screen.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
No they are not.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
The apps listed on the bottom of the lock screen are the ones in the "dock". It's a little non-intuitive that you can't move an app out of there unless you have your app drawer up, but that I can live with. What is really bugging me is the complete lack of customization of the lock screen.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Try Widget Locker or HD Widgets. I haven't tried them personally but hear they work great.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the same ones on my dock when "unlocked" are not the same when my device is "locked".

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a different launcher like Nova or Apex? They are supposed to be the same. They are on mine and if I change the dock apps the lock apps change to match.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I use magic locker and love it, no issues with it anyway, so far so good!! Far nicer lock screen then the default ones pre instaled, No 3rd party launchers required and you can change the apps and download themes ;-)

D_Beds

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I was going nuts trying to change the shortcuts on my stock lockscreen. Tried changing dock icons but nothing happened because I'm using a custom launcher! Solution: launch using HTC launcher (being careful to select 'just once' not default!), change dock shortcuts to those you want to see on the lockscreen in the usual way (I drag and drop from app drawer), revert to custom launcher and presto! Apps you want on lockscreen are on your lockscreen only and your custom launcher dock remains blissfully in tact. Phew!

Fofer

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I didn't need any third party launchers to change this.

Settings -> Lock screen - > Lock screen options -> tap "Shortcuts"

There you can tap the shortcut to (re)assign a different application.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't need any third party launchers to change this.

Settings -> Lock screen - > Lock screen options -> tap "Shortcuts"

There you can tap the shortcut to (re)assign a different application.

I must be missing a set, no lock screen under my settings.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app