Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Go SMS - Change System Ringtone

Is it just me or can anyone actually change the 'system ringtone'?? I can select it, but the list of ringtones does not pop up When I go to the sound settings, I have no problem seeing different ringtones - so it can't be that there are none.

Quite annoying that I have a choice between Silent, Default, Current, and Music. I typically prefer a system ringtone.

I'm not sure if this is Go SMS only as I haven't another SMS program loaded (except default which allows selection of a system ringtone without issue)

Default Re: Go SMS - Change System Ringtone

Open GoSMS>Settings>Notification settings>Default Notification Settings>Select Ringtone (Ringtone & Vibration Settings)>System Ringtone>Will bring up your ringtones in your "notifications" folder where you choose a ringtone and save.
    You can also configure individual ringtones in Settings>Individual Settings>And here you can configure ringtones for certain contacts.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Open GoSMS>Settings>Notification settings>Default Notification Settings>Select Ringtone (Ringtone & Vibration Settings)>System Ringtone>Will bring up your ringtones in your "notifications" folder where you choose a ringtone and save.
    You can also configure individual ringtones in Settings>Individual Settings>And here you can configure ringtones for certain contacts.
    That's what I'm saying... when I do that, it brings up nothing I have had Go SMS for about 2 years now (I think) and it always worked. When I click 'System Ringtone' nothing pops up - no list. doesn't work for individual either.

Quote Originally Posted by amueller View Post
    That's what I'm saying... when I do that, it brings up nothing I have had Go SMS for about 2 years now (I think) and it always worked. When I click 'System Ringtone' nothing pops up - no list. doesn't work for individual either.
    That's very strange. I have five choices: Silent, Default, Current, System, and Music.
    Are you using GoSMSPro?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    That's very strange. I have five choices: Silent, Default, Current, System, and Music.
    Are you using GoSMSPro?
    I have those choices, yes But when I click on 'System', there is no popup to select the system ringtone. There should be a popup with all the system ringtones in a radio-list for me to select.

Quote Originally Posted by amueller View Post
    I have those choices, yes But when I click on 'System', there is no popup to select the system ringtone. There should be a popup with all the system ringtones in a radio-list for me to select.
    Try selecting Music?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

I'm experiencing the same thing on my one. When I select system there is no popup to select a file. Been using gosms pro with my one X and no issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

GoSMS>Settings>Notification Settings>Default Notification Settings>

System Ringtone:

Select Ringtone:

Can you set the duration of the ringtone? s:

i can confirm that trying to select a system ringtone doesnt work on the htc one

Quote Originally Posted by Perlalyonela View Post
    Can you set the duration of the ringtone? s:
    The length of the notification tones is dependent on how long each tone actually is. You can set the vibration length and pattern.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKaMan View Post
    i can confirm that trying to select a system ringtone doesnt work on the htc one
    Time to trade for the S4!

I am having the same issue. I really don't want my text notification sound to be the same as all my other notifications

Go to Settings >>>> Apps >>>> Go SMS Pro >>>> Enable Show Notifications

anyone with answer because the above didnt work for me

I used ZEDGE and set my notification tone through that and it seemed to work. I also set GoSMS as my default for everything just in case it doesn't work without that.