Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverNap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Trade up coupon link to redeem the offer and process

Hey All;

First of all let me say I'm super happy with my One, love it! ex-Iphone5'er.

I did take advantage of the HTC trade up offer that was/is available. If you pre-ordered a One and trade in your old phone, you get a couple of bucks back. I had an old blackberry and was looking at a cool hundred back. I signed up and received an email with an ID and approximate value on it. Then when I got my One, I figured I would mail in the old phone and proof of purchase, when I looked at the email, it did not have an address or anything, so I ended up calling HTC. Spoke with a sweet lady and she pointed me to .
    Put in your ID and it will print out a postage paid label and document to put inside the carton with your old phone.

I will end up dropping it in the mail tomorrow, and will let you know when/if I get my $100. Hope this helps.

Default Re: HTC One Trade up coupon link to redeem the offer and process

Quote Originally Posted by fz1jmp View Post
    Spoke with a sweet lady and she pointed me to .
    FTFY

Thanked by:
    zdecke 
    zdecke likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Hey All;

I did take advantage of the HTC trade up offer that was/is available. If you pre-ordered a One and trade in your old phone, you get a couple of bucks back. I had an old blackberry and was looking at a cool hundred back. I signed up and received an email with an ID and approximate value on it. Then when I got my One, I figured I would mail in the old phone and proof of purchase, when I looked at the email, it did not have an address or anything, so I ended up calling HTC. Spoke with a sweet lady and she pointed me to .
    Put in your ID and it will print out a postage paid label and document to put inside the carton with your old phone.

I will end up dropping it in the mail tomorrow, and will let you know when/if I get my $100. Hope this helps.
    I should do this.

does the 'personal ID number' work only for one use?

I want to use the code and see what all used-devices are eligible for the program, and see how much I'd get for the trade-in, but will it let me use the same 'personal ID number' again after a couple of days to register?

Also, how lenient is the trade-in program about the condition of the phone? Thanks

edit: I'm looking to trade-in a battered BB Torch, or a semi-functional (battery issues) Galaxy S3.

Hey All;

By "preorder" you mean pre-register, right? Because as far as I could tell, it doesn't matter if you pre-ordered the phone. You just have to had pre-registered for the trade-up program by 4/4 or something, and then buy it by 4/30.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by zdecke View Post
    By "preorder" you mean pre-register, right? Because as far as I could tell, it doesn't matter if you pre-ordered the phone. You just have to had pre-registered for the trade-up program by 4/4 or something, and then buy it by 4/30.
    Zdecke I think you are correct, you had to preregister to get the quote on how much you would get back for your trade in. Then you had to preorder the phone. That's what I did, and I could not figure out where to send the old phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...

Do you have to send charger? Also can i send phone from another carier?

You had to register by a certain date. You have purchase and activate the phone by April 30. I just went through the procedure to get a quote on my old phone. After I got the quote I was given the choice to save it for later if I had not yet purchased the phone or continue the process if I had. You have to send in the old phone by 5/31 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling147 View Post
    You had to register by a certain date. You have purchase and activate the phone by April 30. I just went through the procedure to get a quote on my old phone. After I got the quote I was given the choice to save it for later if I had not yet purchased the phone or continue the process if I had. You have to send in the old phone by 5/31 I believe.
    Can you change the 'used phone' after you went through the procedure to get a quote for one phone, or is it exactly a one-try code?

Quote Originally Posted by EverNap View Post
    Can you change the 'used phone' after you went through the procedure to get a quote for one phone, or is it exactly a one-try code?
    I was able to enter the same code I used a few weeks ago and then change the phone I had originally selected. $150 value for my old iPhone 4 which is totally worth it. Then I should be able to get 4-500 for my iPhone 5 and the One will be all covered.
    Thanked by:

^^ Thanks a lot for the info. I was scared of entering the code because I didn't know if it would allow me to change the phone later.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by alteon57 View Post
    Do you have to send charger? Also can i send phone from another carier?
    It asks for the charger, however I asked the person when I called and they said if you have it please send it and anything else you may have for it. And it can be from any carrier. The one I turned in is from Verizon and I have ATT.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by ventura726 View Post
    I was able to enter the same code I used a few weeks ago and then change the phone I had originally selected. $150 value for my old iPhone 4 which is totally worth it. Then I should be able to get 4-500 for my iPhone 5 and the One will be all covered.
    Sweet deal, so your buying it outright, well worth it if you can. I passed my IP5 to my wife, so had nothing really left to work with. Anyway, thx for the good info.

Yeah, I always end up buying outright because I never wait until my contract is up. I'm too much of a phone nerd. The rep at the AT&T store gave me the $200 price contingent on my buying accessories to make up the difference. Said it would help them out and I could always sell whatever I bought to make my money back. I figured I was gonna spend the $600+ anyways so I said ok. Turns out she's not very good at math because I was out of there for less than the regular price of the phone. Got a better deal than I expected for once.
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

What's the address for where you send your old phone?

I entered my estimate ID at the trade-up page and got to what was probably the page I had to print out, then my browser crashed. Now I have no idea how to get back to that page because you can only enter the ID once unless you want to check the status. Is the "check status" page the one you're supposed to print and send along with the phone/proof of purchase/charger? I don't see an address anywhere on it so I'm skeptical.

actually if you go to the HTC one page and "Register for offers & more" it still sends you the trade up code. Just did it myself.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

So i pre registered for this awhile ago and my ONE should be here friday. I am trading in my OG Evo. Anybody know if the phone has to be running stock? My evo is running some roms, don't remember, should I find a stock rom and slap that on there for good measure or does the company who is running this not care?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by mranbel View Post
    So i pre registered for this awhile ago and my ONE should be here friday. I am trading in my OG Evo. Anybody know if the phone has to be running stock? My evo is running some roms, don't remember, should I find a stock rom and slap that on there for good measure or does the company who is running this not care?
    I don't think they will care, my guess is they will just flash it and move on.
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

Quote Originally Posted by mranbel View Post
    I also have been running custom ROMs on my EVO 4G LTE and to not take any chances, I installed the stock ROM back on the phone before sending it in (I also locked the bootloader). It was a real pain figuring out how to get the stock ROM installed, but I finally did it. One thing to note: The instructions for the return says the company managing the trade-in will not return the phones to you, so pack it well so it doesn't arrived damaged.

Guys,

I filled out the form, but my power went out right as I finished and I never got a mailing label. I can check the status and it says it's waiting for my phone. Can anyone let me know the shipping address to return the phone to?

Thanks!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I see a lotta folks are looking for the address, here is the one I have on my document (more on that after);

HTC Trade Up Program
    794 Industrial Court
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302-9989

But here may be an issue. When I went into the link I posted at the top and put in my personal ID that HTC sent me on the original email, I printed out the merchandise return label which not only has the address I wrote, but a tracking number and a shipping voucher that goes with the product and has my trade up information. So, I hope the address helps, but you need somemore information I think.

Signed up with my id and did the process. Power went out and I did not print label. trying to get help with getting a label. can anyone help?

Has anyone actually received a Trade Up payment? I have sent inquiry after inquiry and get nothing but "we'll reply in 24 hours". No Reply. Went on Facebook HTC USA many time. No response. Phone #'s are either sales only or "we no longer represent HTC). Over a month since I did everything they asked, used their prepaid label, got their confirmation - and NOTHING since. (Note); Their Security Certificate at "Clover" is not valid so you have to use Chrome or something else than IE to use their Email site - and it still gives "24 hour" response and nothing.)

The phone is incredible and I really enjoy it. The Trade Up Program appears to be a farce and HTC doesn't seem to support it except in news releases

I have finally been able to get a name and number for the HTC Trade Up. "Megan" at (815) 431-8100 extension 12468 is supposedly the ONE person in charge of the program. So far - she is an answering machine. ALL of the other numbers that you find on the HTC sites are not valid any more. I'm calling every hour just to see if I can get ANY response. Anyone having better luck - please post it.