Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LetsTalk.com? More like LetsMakeYouWaitOnHold.com

Some venting contained within:

I ordered a developer edition phone on Thursday. I never received any sort of email confirmation of the order. The only way I know it's been received is that it shows "picking" when I search for my order by phone number on the LetsTalk.com website. It's said it was going to ship Friday, then Monday, and now Tuesday. They just keep pushing the day out, every night. I want to call to see why it's taking them 3 business days to ship a box to me, but when I attempt to call, I am put on hold for over an hour. I dropped one call at 46 minutes into holding, and am now on hold for 1 hour and 8 minutes as of this writing. You want to know why you're getting your *** kicked in the marketplace? I suspect is has something to do with this junior varsity customer service. This is a frustrating, ridiculous joke. I can't even speak to someone about my phone order.

HTC should maybe vet their logistics partners before working out deals with them. LetsTalk.com is clearly not able to handle the volume of business they're receiving.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: LetsTalk.com? More like LetsMakeYouWaitOnHold.com

Between the 2 calls to LetsTalk.com, I spent over 5 hours on hold yesterday. Fun times, great customer service.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and I never spoke to anyone. But I did hear about 800 times that my call is very important to them.

I ordered from them to save $50 one time. Wasn't worth it. Nothing beats being able to walk into a store and having a physical person in front of you setting up your phone. For me it's either best buy or Amazon if worst comes to worst. At least Amazon has great customer service.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Neutronbomb

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 stock

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I ordered from them to save $50 one time. Wasn't worth it. Nothing beats being able to walk into a store and having a physical person in front of you setting up your phone. For me it's either best buy or Amazon if worst comes to worst. At least Amazon has great customer service.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

I'll second that. I had a free trial of amazon prime and forgot to cancel it.. then I noticed a $70 charge on my credit card. Called amazon and within 5 minutes of dialing I had already been refunded and was done with my phone call. Try to call letstalk and you're lucky if you can even get on hold in the first five minutes of attempts.
    Nexus 6 (Cloud White)
    Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Charcoal Black-AT&T)

Will never deal with this company after t hey scammed me out of my rebate years ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The problem is if you want the developer's edition in the United States, they're the only game in town.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dommer#WN View Post
    Some venting contained within:

I ordered a developer edition phone on Thursday. I never received any sort of email confirmation of the order. The only way I know it's been received is that it shows "picking" when I search for my order by phone number on the LetsTalk.com website. It's said it was going to ship Friday, then Monday, and now Tuesday. They just keep pushing the day out, every night. I want to call to see why it's taking them 3 business days to ship a box to me, but when I attempt to call, I am put on hold for over an hour. I dropped one call at 46 minutes into holding, and am now on hold for 1 hour and 8 minutes as of this writing. You want to know why you're getting your *** kicked in the marketplace? I suspect is has something to do with this junior varsity customer service. This is a frustrating, ridiculous joke. I can't even speak to someone about my phone order.

HTC should maybe vet their logistics partners before working out deals with them. LetsTalk.com is clearly not able to handle the volume of business they're receiving.
    I ordered my Unlocked version on Saturday. No confirmation email either, glad I wrote down my order number.

I'm now just waiting for them to ship it... ordered one-day, but it's being pushed back daily (I assume because of stock). Hopefully I don't have any issues with it, I don't want to deal with their customer service after reading through this thread!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dommer#WN View Post
    Between the 2 calls to LetsTalk.com, I spent over 5 hours on hold yesterday. Fun times, great customer service.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...19633894_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and I never spoke to anyone. But I did hear about 800 times that my call is very important to them.
    Did you try looking in your Junk email folder? My email from them went to my junk folder. Yes this customer service really sucks. HTC needs to find a better distribution partner. I still don't have my phone and order status changes shipping date to today's date every day. Only reason to order from them was to get an unlocked phone without AT&T bloatware
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by sraina View Post
    Did you try looking in your Junk email folder? My email from them went to my junk folder. Yes this customer service really sucks. HTC needs to find a better distribution partner. I still don't have my phone and order status changes shipping date to today's date every day. Only reason to order from them was to get an unlocked phone without AT&T bloatware
    I finally spoke to someone. If you call RIGHT at 10 am when they open, you'll only be on hold for about an hour, at least from my experience. I was told the reason my order showed "picking" was that they were out-of-stock. When I asked why is it that when I ordered it, it said, "In Stock", and now somehow it's "Out of Stock", and I don't have one in my hand, and exactly how that works, she just sort of gave me nonsense double-talk. "Unprecedented demand BLAH BLAH BLAH such a new phone BLAH BLAH BLAH". It was basically a dead-end for me. She did say they had no way of knowing when the next shipment was coming, but that it was going to be the 29th "at the latest". If you have no way of knowing when it's coming, how do you know that the 29th is the latest it'll come? Those concepts seem contradictory. If the S4 was slightly less plastic-fantastic, I'd cancel this order out. But I really do want this damn phone. HTC sure needs to partner with a company that knows how to handle logistics. Why don't they just sell these things out of Wal-Mart? They know a thing or two about fulfilling orders and moving product around the country.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I just received my shipping confirmation (never got an order confirmation, though) should have it tomorrow. Did any of you have to sign for your package?