Talk to me about rooting
I came from jailbreak iPhones to the One. As I understand it, the att One is still root able. Are there any known disadvantages to rooting that I may not be aware of? Are there any guides that make doing it Easy?
Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
- 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM #2
Re: Talk to me about rooting
Well at the moment I think there is a one click toolkit for your device. So easy enough . That being said rooting a device allows you to do so much more than jailbreaking. Instead of patches you are installing a whole new version of android with a new kernel. Devs have access to a lot more under the hood so as an end user I've found I end up doing less work to get the device where I want it. Only downsides are if you break the device your out of warranty and you could screw it up flashing stuff.
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g
From Nexus With Love
- By AnnDroid in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2012, 04:08 AM
- By 13ducati13 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 5Last Post: 01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
- By zrxoa1 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-23-2011, 02:31 PM
- By vjr021 in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
- By raythepa in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM