1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whatsapp on HTC One

Hi,
    This is my first Android phone. i am coming from iPhone. In the contact list section, there are different platforms that you can choose your contact lists to be imported from. I am trying to remove some contacts from my WhatsApp contact list, however it is not letting me. Does anyone know how to remove them? I have no contacts saved on my SIM card either.

Thanks.

Default Re: Whatsapp on HTC One

I may not be entirely understanding what you are saying but I will give it a stab since nobody else has chimed in. If you go to People at the top there should be a drop down menu that says Phonebook, here you can select sources for contacts. I don't have WhatsApp so I deselected everything except Facebook to try to delete a contact. All I did was long press the contacts name and was presented with a pop up and one of the options is Delete contact. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi uh60james,
    i tried that but it didn't work. i am stumped
    but thanks for trying to help though

I think you have to go into the Whatsapp and do it from there. However the Whatsapp contact list is built from the contacts profile so in some cases you would have to remove the contact entirely from your whatsapp contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra1tym View Post
    Hi,
    This is my first Android phone. i am coming from iPhone. In the contact list section, there are different platforms that you can choose your contact lists to be imported from. I am trying to remove some contacts from my WhatsApp contact list, however it is not letting me. Does anyone know how to remove them? I have no contacts saved on my SIM card either.

Thanks.
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to remove some contacts from your WhatsApp list?

I haven't used the Android app, but the iPhone app doesn't let you delete contacts either (at least as far as I know). It just populates the list based on your phone's contacts, and when you delete your phone's contacts, it gets removed from your app too. I'm guessing the Android app works in a similar manner, but with more options.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just want to delete them because they are people i haven't talked to in a long time.

hi all you do is make sure that the whats app contacts are selected then just hold down on that contact choose from the list of options del contact

Quote Originally Posted by dave3389 View Post
    hi all you do is make sure that the whats app contacts are selected then just hold down on that contact choose from the list of options del contact
    I just tried that and nothing. The only option is to block the contact.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Sorry to hijack the thread, but can you only use WhatsApp with other contacts that have WhatsApp? I'd like to use it as my go-to messenger, but it only lists about a dozen of my contacts.

yes both need whatsapp, since i moved from iphones i got all my friends to get whats app lol

Quote Originally Posted by sandra1tym View Post
    I just want to delete them because they are people i haven't talked to in a long time.
    Delete the person from your gmail or phone contact first. Then go into whatsapp contact list, go into the menu and select refresh. this should get rid of the person.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ok thanks

I know what you are talking about and I have the exact same problem and it's annoying. I have these whatsapp contacts and you can't delete them. You can hold down on them and there's no option to delete in your phone book. I have a HTC Sensation XE. They are all saved on a list that says whatsapp so unticking them hides them but still I wanna get rid of a lot of them. Any help would be welcome. Cheers KB

I have the same problem but I think I've solved it... Kind of. As mentioned before you can delete whatsapp contacts after deleting the people contact. However you can uncheck whatssapp contacts from the multiple source menu at the top left of the people screen. All those with whatsapp account linked to a contact will show up in the individual contacts themselves. All others will be removed from sight if not linked to another contact entry. If the person your deleting still has you as a whatsapp contact I think they remain in your list. Or at least it appears that way for us HTC One'ers.

So is there no way NOT to have the whatsapp icon in your contacts? Most of my contacts have whatsapp and I therefore see the green icon but why? I selected only Google so I should have a say about what to display or not in my contacts? Or am I being totally anal?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jolibah View Post
    So is there no way NOT to have the whatsapp icon in your contacts? Most of my contacts have whatsapp and I therefore see the green icon but why? I selected only Google so I should have a say about what to display or not in my contacts? Or am I being totally anal?

Thanks!
    I guess I don't see what exactly the issue is. Is the icon being there causing a performance issue?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

No, I just don't see the point of having it there when I seldom use Whatsapp.

i cant seem to open whats app on my htc one..it says my phone is off and disabled and that the radio is off....please help