Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Outdoor-Landscape.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Outdoor-Shade-Trash.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Outdoor-Sunset-Hills.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Outdoor-Shade-Mario.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Indoor-Skin-Tone.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Indoor-Mario-and-Oranges.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-HTC-One-Camera-Comparison-Indoor-Mario-and-Oranges.jpg

Hi all
Check out this camera comparison between the one and gs4 by technobuffalo.
Which phone do u gys think wins???? ;)

Last edited:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ultra pixel is crap. My old one x takes better photos than my one in most situations.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell the S4 camera wins in most situations but the One's camera definitely wins in low-light and indoors.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
There's no winner! It's different preferences from different needs. I love the ultra pixel and features. Tons of options to tweek . Some folks like the Samsung. It's a argument that can't be won soooooo

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There's no winner! It's different preferences from different needs. I love the ultra pixel and features. Tons of options to tweek . Some folks like the Samsung. It's a argument that can't be won soooooo

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

The winner depends on the person. There is no definitive winner though.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate these kind of comparisons. I want a camera that captures true to life color, not over saturated color. Without seeing these scenes in person it is impossible to judge which camera captured the scene more accurately.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
They both are good for camera phones. The HTC is better in low light, has great highlight/zoe feature, and the files are easier to use (smaller file size). The Samsung will give better results in good light, and seems to have a better camera interface.

Choose the phone with the camera you want balanced against all other phone features and specifications. You can't go wrong with either and the camera is fine or even great on both.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
imo both are good but the zoe feature wins it for me
That makes no sense. You want us to "vote" on the best camera based on the pictures that you culled from another site, but your vote is based on a software feature that isn't part of your presentation? I think I might have already seen this discussion in 814 other threads.

Ateeb Hussain

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
That makes no sense. You want us to "vote" on the best camera based on the pictures that you culled from another site, but your vote is based on a software feature that isn't part of your presentation? I think I might have already seen this discussion in 814 other threads.

No thats not what i meant. I like both of them but i live the zoe feature ;)

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Not being Bias here being that I am an One user, I think they are pretty much on par with one another. I think only one or two of them can I really say I prefer the samsung or htc. The one with the self picture, I think the One won since it seems most on par with skin tone and such, though the pic with of the book and text i think the Samsung wins out in that. But again like what JD stated, we have no reference to judge the pictures by, so comparing it against each other, I think it is user dependent. The S4 vs One I feel is turning into the new coke vs pepsi battle. Both are good products and is totally subjective when compared.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd take a 4mp camera any day to have a faster shooter and smaller file sizes, Zoes wouldn't be possible at 13mp. Any way with around 60% less mega pixels the photos on the One aren't anywhere near 60% worse.
So shot to shot, the s4 does have better pictures - shame it's not as clear cut as that!

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not being Bias here being that I am an One user, I think they are pretty much on par with one another. I think only one or two of them can I really say I prefer the samsung or htc. The one with the self picture, I think the One won since it seems most on par with skin tone and such, though the pic with of the book and text i think the Samsung wins out in that. But again like what JD stated, we have no reference to judge the pictures by, so comparing it against each other, I think it is user dependent. The S4 vs One I feel is turning into the new coke vs pepsi battle. Both are good products and is totally subjective when compared.

If you read the blog that does follow the article, the author does at least acknowledge that in the future, he will give better descriptions as to what the colors and/or seen looks like.

I too wonder just what the lighting was like in the indoor shots as both the pics of the New Yorker (magazine) and the author seem to be taken under incandescent lightning and yet the One gets it wrong with the magazine, yet it is perfect with the human.

In fact, this pic with the author is the first photo I've seen that has almost perfect white balance under incandescent lightning on the HTC One. It almost begs the question, did he accidentally change the settings from auto white balance to incandescent?
After all, we are all human and make mistakes. Even Brian from anandtech admits to taking some pics with his One not on default settings in his latest comparison images in the S4 review. So stuff happens to the best of us.

Since I still have about a month left before I decide what to get, I hope that I will see more photos under incandescent lightning...it is the only thing holding me back from jumping on the One, and almost all reviews avoid showing any pics under said lighting, as what I have seen is nothing like this result.

Anybody care to post a sample or two under normal household incandescent lightning with little to no sunlight peeking through your windows?

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d