The Critics Speak: Ways in which the HTC One is better than Samsung Galaxy S 4

commasplice

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal

I urge readers looking for a new Android smartphone to carefully consider the more polished-looking, and quite capable, HTC One, rather than defaulting to the latest Samsung.

While many will compare the Galaxy S 4 with the iPhone 5, I also compared it with the $200 HTC One, which came out April 19. The HTC has a handsome, sturdier, aluminum body, dual stereo speakers, an excellent camera, better screen resolution than the new Samsung and twice the base memory for the same price.

David Pierce, The Verge

The HTC One is a powerful, feature-rich device that is also beautiful and classy, while Samsung's handset feels like an overpowered children?s toy. Samsung's feature list has to be awfully long to overcome that ? and it is, but I'll get there.

Brad Molen, Engadget

... we still prefer the HTC One's premium build quality and visual appeal, thanks to its use of high-grade aluminum through its entire unibody chassis.

The design doesn't feel fresh, especially not next to the HTC One...

David Pogue, New York Times

And the S4 is still made of plastic ? lightweight and grippy, but not as classy as the iPhone?s glass or the HTC One?s metal.

Harry McCracken, Time

It?s perfectly pleasant, but doesn?t aspire to match the posh styling of the aluminum iPhone 5 and HTC One and Nokia?s polycarbonate Lumia models

Jessica Dolcourt, CNET

So do I like the new design? I do. Its sharper edges do make it look like a more premium device than its predecessor, but it won't ever be as eye-popping as the gorgeous HTC One or as understatedly elegant as the iPhone 5.

And here are even more direct comparisons, broken down by category...

Any others I should add?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800