Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice defender?

Can someone explain how these apps actually work? Don't they just adjust settings which you can do manually? For example i have made a lot of adjustments in order to save battery so can i still benefit from downloading a battery saver app like juice defender??

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Juice defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaalad12 View Post
    Can someone explain how these apps actually work? Don't they just adjust settings which you can do manually? For example i have made a lot of adjustments in order to save battery so can i still benefit from downloading a battery saver app like juice defender??
    That's pretty much it. There are some neat features that a lot of ROMs have too, like killing your wifi, etc. when the screen is off except to periodically check for pushed content. I don't like that feature if it's too controlled, because I believe e-mail should come the second it's sent, not when the phone decides to check for it.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by 2:

Yes but that's the point of the app, so you won't have to do it manually and you can customize the settings. I dont know anyone that wants to toggle mobile data each time the turn the screen off. So you can gave the app do it automatically to save battery. There's loads of settings in the ultimate version. But honestly, I haven't had to install it on this device. I easily make it through the day with a lot of juice left. There's another good app called Deep sleep battery saver that focuses more on putting your device into deepsleep (hibernate) rather than killing data connections. Both are good depending on your needs. But again I don't use either right now.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:
    Blaalad12 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I like the idea of killing certain features when the phone is asleep. particularly over night, But i already have 3g off , mobile data off, bluetooth off, auto sync etc I prefer to do things manually in general! If i thought however that juice defender could still help then i would like to try it
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yes but that's the point of the app, so you won't have to do it manually and you can customize the settings. I dont know anyone that wants to toggle mobile data each time the turn the screen off. So you can gave the app do it automatically to save battery. There's loads of settings in the ultimate version. But honestly, I haven't had to install it on this device. I easily make it through the day with a lot of juice left. There's another good app called Deep sleep battery saver that focuses more on putting your device into deepsleep (hibernate) rather than killing data connections. Both are good depending on your needs. But again I don't use either right now.

Which app do you think suits my needs better? The only function that i reckon is draining the battery would be wifi as i never turn that off, Most other 'battery drainers' are turned off already!!

Cheers

Which app do you think suits my needs better? The only function that i reckon is draining the battery would be wifi as i never turn that off, Most other 'battery drainers' are turned off already!!

Cheers
    What's using your battery now? I'm not using any apps to manage those things and I make it through easily. And this is keeping on mobile data, wifi and location services all day. But of course, that's with my usage which I would describe as medium for the most part. I mean if you want all those things off overnight, might as well put your phone in airplane mode and call it a night LOL. It depends on what's most important to you. With juice defender you can change the sync settings for how often and how long it syncs, what the device should do when there's no wifi, etc... Sounds like this is something you may like. But again, I am wondering what is draining your battery and how much battery life you need to have to turn all those things off.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Read the threads on juice defender and other apps. All these apps do is end up using more battery. If u kill a app to save battery yea u get small % saved but then when u reengage it the %u gained is lost because it starts its cycle of checking stuff. The best thing u can do is stop worrying about saving battery. Its a phone/mini computer its meant to b used. When battery is low charge it. At night plug it in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    petaf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That's pretty much it. There are some neat features that a lot of ROMs have too, like killing your wifi, etc. when the screen is off except to periodically check for pushed content. I don't like that feature if it's too controlled, because I believe e-mail should come the second it's sent, not when the phone decides to check for it.
    I agree with this. I don't like Juice Defender. I bought the paid version when I first came to Android and honestly.. I saw very small battery increase at the cost of phone functionality. I would rather have my phone working then having things like push email and notifications not working to save some battery.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I was gonna purchase this app when I got my S4 but I don't think I will now. Thanks guys

I'm getting a $35 google play gift card with my phone so any suggestions on apps? I was thinking Super GNES would be one...those super nintendo games (i don't need to root my phone for this app do I?)

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Read the threads on juice defender and other apps. All these apps do is end up using more battery. If u kill a app to save battery yea u get small % saved but then when u reengage it the %u gained is lost because it starts its cycle of checking stuff. The best thing u can do is stop worrying about saving battery. Its a phone/mini computer its meant to b used. When battery is low charge it. At night plug it in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Personally I like juice defender and have found I gained overall battery use.. That's why the app is there. It's not a gimmick.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I use it to & although I did see an improvement on my Inspire, as well as on my One. You could also use your toggles to switch off what you do or don't need. Go into certain apps and have it sync when you open it. Or set the sync schedule.
    Last week @ work I was able to go two days, before charging my phone. That's average use of mobile or WiFi, texting, email, calendar,Facebook & Twitter. Whether that had anything to do with JD or not, I can't complain!
    Try it & see if it works for you. If not uninstall.

I used Juice defender on my HTC Amaze, but so far I'm OK without it on my One. In the battery save mode it turns off the data modem when the screen is off, which in my experience is what draws a lot of power (besides the screen, which is also a hog). Juice defender is nice because you can set it to turn the data on at intervals so that the phone can sync. I'll switch back to it if I decide the built in stuff isn't enough. I'm a fairly light user though, so it is possible I won't need it.

However, with JD you have to set it up to optimize it for your phone use. I takes some experimentation with the settings.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

I'll recommend battery guru instead. It's built by Qualcomm and optimised for our Snapdragon phones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleEatinGook View Post
    I was gonna purchase this app when I got my S4 but I don't think I will now. Thanks guys

I'm getting a $35 google play gift card with my phone so any suggestions on apps? I was thinking Super GNES would be one...those super nintendo games (i don't need to root my phone for this app do I?)
    You HAVE to get switkey.
    Dismaster and bigtnew like this.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I second the Battery Guru suggestion, seems to work great and uses a 3 day learning process to determine how you use you phone and how it should apply savings etc. I used Juice Defender for my EVO 3D and found it did not help much.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Quote Originally Posted by shief24 View Post
    You HAVE to get switkey.
    don't buy swiftkey

Posted via Android Central App
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by shief24 View Post
    You HAVE to get switkey.
    I would suggest swiftkey as well. It is a very awesome keyboard.

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

your better with Kii it has the best of every keyboard. all swift is about is over charging for there product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I would suggest swiftkey as well. It is a very awesome keyboard.

Russ Smith likes this.

your better with Kii it has the best of every keyboard. all swift is about is over charging for there product.

Stop it.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

stop what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post
    Stop it.

Yea +1, I much prefer the Kii keyboard over the others.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I'd buy SwiftKey and Tapatalk. Other than that buy whatever entertains you!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

+1 on Tapatalk Community Reader, it's definitely the best application for forums ever! I love and use Google Keyboard, however, and sometimes the stock Sense one.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Default Thread hijacking; and being fair to Juice Defender

Wow. Nice hijack, with the completely non-sequitur gift card and keyboard conversation. This place has rules, right? Moderators? Just checking.

Can someone explain how these [battery-saving] apps [like Juice Defender] actually work?
    Actually, pretty much no other battery saver app is quite like ... at least not its . Don't get me wrong, there are other battery saver apps out there that are pretty darned good; though, honestly, even the best of them is not quite as good -- or, perhaps only as good -- as the free version of Juice Defender. None of them, then, is as good as "," or, especially, its aforementioned "Ultimate" version, that I use.

Now, all that said, I confess that I am increasingly impressed with the app, particularly . Just from my small bit of testing, I think it's fairly safe to say that if a person, for whatever reason, didn't want to use Juice Defender, then GreenPower would be an excellent 2nd choice. Andd, of course, there are GreenPower users who would beg to differ, and would consider Juice Defender the "2nd choice." That's fine. Loyalty can be a good thing.

By the way, to be clear: There's really only one version of Juice Defender: the basic, free version. The both "Plus" and "Ultimate" versions are actually just add-ons. One must begin by installing the basic free version; and then one adds to that either the "Plus" or "Ultimate" versions, as desired. And if memory serves, it can all happen in the app, as in-app purchases, so that if one has already paid for the "Plus" version, one then only pays the difference between the "Plus" version's cost, and the "Ultimate" version's cost to upgrade from "Plus" to "Ultimate." It's been a while since I've done it, so I can't remember precisely if that's how it works, but I think I remember that it is.

I'm not, by the way, in any way associated with Juice Defender (though I've used it, now, for over two years; and have had a couple feature suggestions incorporated into it, and a bug that I reported fixed), and I am not a shill for it or anything like that. I did, however, two years ago, when I settled on Juice Defender, test just about all the battery saver apps out there (and re-tested, again, fairly recently when I noticed a few new ones; and as long as I was app-populating my new phone); and so I, of course, recommend Juice Defender, with nothing of any (promotional, or anything like that) benefit for it to me (though now that I think about it, with my having written a few pieces like this one in various places around the web, I probably should at least get my copy for free, eh? Just kidding... er... well... you know... sort of. [grin])

Don't they just adjust settings which you can do manually?
    The answer to that is both "yes" and "no"... but mostly "no"; and so I admonish the poster(s), here, who wrote that that's all Juice Defender does to please be more careful about not conveying misinformation in places like this. Yes, of course, whenever Juice Defender does something as simple as turning off Wi-fi or GPS or something, that's something that the user could do, manually, usually right at the top of the phone's pulldown shade. But in addition to much of the app's point being that it saves the user from having to manually do such things, it's the when and why of turning such things on or off that's Juice Defender's superpower. Juice Defender is about learning your routine, and then adjusting the phone to accommodate it; and then making said accommodation by-golly save battery by when and why of it turning things both off and on. Timing is everything; no user could ever manually keep-up with all that.

For example i have made a lot of adjustments in order to save battery so can i still benefit from downloading a battery saver app like juice defender??
    The short answer is "positively, yes!" And that's because it sounds like you're already, even without Juice Defender, adopted a "battery-saving," or "battery-conservation" sensibility, or mindset. No battery-saving app -- not even Juice Defender -- can help very much on a phone owned/operated by anyone who does not first adopt and live by a battery-saving or battery-conservation mindset. Keep reading... it's long, but worth it!

Juice Defender does, indeed, save considerable battery. It is a myth that it just uses more battery to accomplish no net savings; and whomever says otherwise is obviously doing nothing else to save battery. Battery savings conservation, remember, is a mindset. One may no more run the phone in the least battery conservative manner and then expect something like Juice Defender (or any other battery saver app) to successfully counter/undo all that than one may presume car insurance will protect one from inordinate harm if one drives like one's in a Fast and Furious movie.

The mindset of battery conservation requires doing things like turning off as much -- or, better yet, all -- background syncing as possible. Not using "live" wallpapers... or, really, any wallpaper (either get a "no wallpaper" app -- the two best ones out there are free; see and -- or use ). Keeping screen brightness down to the lowest you can stand it; and then if turning it up when outdoors, remembering to return it to a low setting. Calibrating the battery to the phone so that when the phone reports a certain battery percentage, it's actually accurate. Using , with its activation button both down in the dock and up on the pulldown shade, so it's always easy to get to; and then always remembering to use it to screen-off whenever done using the phone at that moment rather than letting it time-out...

...stuff like that. Again, a mindset. Adopt that mindset, and then augment with Juice Defender -- I prefer the Ultimate version -- and you will simply not believe the battery savings... though it does take the app a little while to train and adapt itself to the userer's particular habits. Yes, if the default "balanced" plan is used, then the phone's data may be turned off when a push notifcation comes through; but one of the reasons for using the Ultimate version is that that can all be finely-tuned.

Another thing one must get used to (unless, of course, one uses the Ultimate version's fine-grained refinement capabilities to change this behavior) is, for example, you set the weather app to refresh every 30 minutes (the results of which refresh would normally be reflected on the weather app's widget); yet when you unlock the screen after the phone's been unused for 90 minutes, you notice that the weather widget reflects a temperature from 90 minutes ago because it missed all background updating when the screen was off, and the various times that Juice Defender momentarily turned-on data to allow piled-up push notifications and other things to get through didn't happen to sync-up with right when the weather app needed to refresh. Something similar can happen with news app widgets. But as with most things, there's always a workaround, if you're willing to both find and implement it. In my phone's case, I simply chose weather app that auto-updated on screen unlock so that, yes, for however long it takes the weather app to get caught-up once I unlock the screen the temp on the widget is behind... but within 4 to 8 seconds, give or take, it gets caught-up because the weather app refreshed on screen unlock it updated. The news app I prefer doesn't yet do that, but I happen to be working with its dev on some other stuff (which I hope he finishes soon because until he does, he's unwilling to release his paid version which gets rid of the ads, and the ads in his beta version are driving me insane), and so it soon will. The battery conservation mindset, then, also includes a bit of an activist mindset, too, so that one doesn't just sit there and let apps run one around like a bull with a ring in its nose; one, instead, gets involved. That's true about life, too, but now I digress. Sorry.

Such configuration as I just described regarding the news and weather apps is but one way to counter the effects of not allowing apps to constantly sync in the background. Most apps, even if they're not allowed to constantly sync when not front-and-center on the screen, will do a catch-up sync on launch. And, fortunately, with most apps, it makes little difference other than it might take an extra 3 to, what the heck, maybe even 30 seconds for the app to do a cumulative catch-up on launch rather than just a quickie to only get caught-up since the last behind-the-scenes sync. But so what? Even an email app like GMAIL works just fine that way if you turn-off all background syncing; and only if you insist on being notified on your phone with a beep whenever you get an email would turning-off all background syncing of the GMAIL app be a problem. I don't know about anyone else, though, but if I let the GMAIL app beep me on my phone every time I got an email in my GMAIL account's inbox, I'd both get beeped literally every few seconds, plus all that beeping would knock my battery flat by noon. Including all subscriptions, I get a couple hundred emails a day! Yes, I could filter them into a folder and configure GMAIL not to notify me if the message happens to be anything in said folder, but why in the name of all that's holy would I ever want to be so connected with my freakin' email account? Maybe it's 'cause I'm old, but I just don't see why anyone would ever want to be that distracted in life!

Only if one wants to always be instantly notified of something -- as with the Facebook app, for example; or even with GMAIL, as I just described -- would just turning off most or all background syncing not work; and the truth is that if one needs that kind of constant connectivity, then it's unreasonable for one to expect pretty much any battery on any phone to be able to keep-up all day long. The solution, if one needs that kind of constant connectivity is for one to either keep doing interim charges just to get through the day, or for one to seek a hardware solution...

...such as a double or triple or even quadruple (if it's availabble) capacity battery, including the often-ugly and always phone thickening oversize replacement back cover for the phone to accommodate said battery. I have a Galaxy Note II with a stock 3100mAh battery in it; but if I were going to be so constantly in touch with people and servers and whatnot out there that I pretty much had to allow everything to be live and sync'd in the background at all times, then I'd certainly not do multiple interim recharges all day long. Instead, I'd opt for this badboy, or this one, rather than trying to ask the stock battery to do what simply isn't possible... either with or without something like Juice Defender. I'm an IT guy; and all IT people know when and how to determine that the only reasonable solution to a problem is to simply throw more hardware at it! Needing more battery to get through the day than the phone's stock battery can provide is one of those times; and no battery saver app's wishing otherwise will make it any less true. If you cannot get through the day without being accessible and knowing, with a beep on your phone, in real time, about even someone who simply comments on one of your Facebook posts, or who follows you on Twitter, then no battery-saver app can help you; so expect to pay for the hardware to make it happen... either that or plan on interim charges all day long. Don't, in any case, expect a battery saver app to be able to even make a dent in a problem like that! (Sheesh... end users... can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.) [shakes head in disbelief]

By my being mature enough to not let the people at places like Google, Facebook and Twitter brainwash me into believing that I need to be notified, in real time, of every little thing that happens on their servers which have even the slightest thing to do with my accounts on them; and by insisting that anyone who really wants to reach me uses telephony or texting (as the whole system, from the outset, was set up to do) and doesn't delude himself/herself into believing that such as Facebook is a reasonable communications alternative to either telephony or texting (which it is not), I'm able to turn-off almost all background syncing (and, in fact, because even if the Facebook app is so configured it still cheats and phones home, I've uninstalled it and use Facebook in the phone's browser, and am just as happy because the experience is nearly identical); plus I use the other strategies herein earlier mentioned, plus I use a now-finally-trained Juice Defender Ultimate...

...and you know what? On my Note II -- which many (who don't follow such as my advice, here) call a battery hog, requiring them to do multiple interim battery chargings all day long -- I'm able to unplug my phone from the charger at 7AM and if I use the phone normally all day, I still have between 70% and 80% battery by noon to early afternoon; and still have around 50% to maybe 60% battery by end-of-business-day; and still have between 30% and 40% battery by the time I plug the phone back into the charger and retire for the night at or around 11PM. Even if I have a heavy phone usage day, those numbers only reduce by about 10% each.

But here's the really astonishing thing:
    On a day like today, when I was so busy 'til early afternoon that I never really even used the phone to speak of in the morning, and I finally unlocked the screen to use it for real at around 1:30PM (so, then, in other words, with the phone basically just sitting, on but idle, in its leather pouch on my belt from 7AM until 1:30PM) my phone was still at 94% battery when I unlocked it (at 1:30PM). Yes, you read that right: Because of how I configure things, and because I use Juice Defender, my phone, just sitting idle, caused only around 6% battery drain in a little over six -- count 'em, SIX -- hours. That's really the first acid test... the way to determine if you're really configuring the phone right at the first stage: Seeing how much battery it uses if it's just sitting there, screen dark, unused, for maybe six hours after unplugging it from its charger. If you unlock the screen after six hours of on-but-idle time, and you've got more than 80% battery, you're doing pretty well. I've fine-tuned things to where I've got better than 90% after six idle hours, as I just described; but I know that that's really wringing every bit of battery conservation out of the phone that's possible; and the price I pay is, yes, pretty much only texts and telephone calls can get through to the phone when it's screen-blanked; and actually, that's not true because Juice Defender still turns-on data every however many minutes I have it set for, and so push notifications and whatnot still get through, but just a few minutes delayed. Since I'm not a fire fighter, paramedic, cop or other first responder, that few-minute delay is fine with me! And because I use the finely-configurable "ultimate" version of Juice Defender, I could even make it so that that few-minute delay were either reduced or went away entirely... albeit at a slight battery usage cost.

Getting back to today being a low usage day, and so my battery being at 94% when I finally unlocked the screen at 1:30 PM: It's now well past midnight as I type this, and I've still not plugged my Note II into the charger for the night; and I just woke-up the screen and looked at it and it still shows 68% battery. Yes, that's right: even over 17 hours after unplugging it from the charger this morning at 7AM. Granted, and I repeat, it was a very light phone use day; but don't be misled by that. My experience is that even if it had been a normal to even heavy phone use day, the typically lowest that the battery would be by 18 hours after unplugging in the morning would be maybe 20%, give or take. As I recall, about a month ago, I had a heavier-than-heavy phone use day and got down to around 20% battery by 9:00 PM that night; and one other day, when I really used the phone a lot, I was down to like 13% by only 6:00 PM. So I'm not saying my methods keep me from ever having to do an interim charge in order to make it through 'til bedtime; but c'mon... most phone users can't even make it 'til noon! That's especially true of users of a big Galaxy Note II like mine... it's a "," remember... and so is a monster battery hog if the user doesn't employ at least a few of my battery conservation strategies...

...which most don't, of course; and so then they get into one or more of the various Galaxy Note II forums out there and complain that the phone's a battery hog when, in fact, the real problem is that they're typical end-users who let both phone makers and social networking sites convince them that every phone feature must be on and draining battery at all times just so they can feel in touch... connected... and not lonely. That, actually, is a very serious social problem, today. Please, when you finish reading this post, go watch to learn more. Here's the link to the TED talker's book, which I believe, as a matter of principle given the subject matter, should not be purchased in its Kindle editiion (and, instead, should be purchased only in paperback or hardcover)... but, hey, that's just me. But now I'm really digressing... sorry, yet again. Back to how amazing it is that I can get such battery longevity... especially on a normally battery-hogging ""...

Yes, I'm an IT pro with pushing 40 years experience, so, yes, if anyone knows how to tweak the settings and other aspects of a phone -- or pretty much any device, for that matter -- so that its battery lasts far more than most others, it's me. That's true. I know a few tricks... in both technology and in life. And guess what? Juice Defender Ultimate is one of them. I made the decision three phones back that I'd never operate an Android phone (or tablet, either, come to think of it) without it. It's that good.

Yes, the battery conservation mindset plays a huge role, too; but Juice Defender Ultimate plays a nearly equal one. Still, without the battery conservation mindset, then, seriously, just save your money because not even Juice Defender Ultimate with all its finely-tunable magic can really help you. If that's the case then, again, only throwing more hardware at the problem by getting an oversized battery and making your phone both thicker and heavier will really help. That said, I confess that I know a guy for whom even an oversized battery didn't keep him from having to do interim charges just to get through the day; but that's simply because his phone usage is so constant all day long that it now borders, in my opinion, on pathology... he really needs to read Dr. Turkle's book!

So, in any case, please, those of you who've done it, here, don't shoot from the hip with such as that Juice Defender (and apps like it) do nothing. If you're using the phone hard, and having to do one or more interim charges during the day, then NO battery saving app will help you. None! And so your choice, at that point, is to either keep doing interim charges and just decide that that's how your life is going to be; or get a double or triple capacity battery and live with your phone being up to four times thicker and more than twice as heavy. The slighly good news is that there are, believe it or not, a few both leather and canvas pouches for one's belt that can accommodate the overly-thick phone; but they're darned few and far between... very difficult to find... not even available for any but the most popular phones. The bad news, though, is that carrying a phone that heavy on your belt will both make you tilt to whichever side it's on when you walk, and will also make you pull-up your pants a lot. [grin]

The bottom line, in any case, is this: Develop and live by a battery conservation mindset, as I have; and then also use such as Juice Defender Ultimate, and, trust me, you, too, can experience the kind of battery life (or at least nearly so) from the stock battery as I have herein described... and, yes, even on a normally-battery-hogging "phablet," like my Note II (or most of the other over-5-inch-screensize phones listed in that Wikipedia article).

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DesElms; 07-31-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Added some stuff, and fixed some stuff.
    Gregg L. DesElms
    Napa, California USA

Pushing 40 years as an IT pro/consultant.
    Mobile phone use dates back to the early '80s.
    Currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note II phablet.

Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Gotta love Juice Defender Ultimate. It just works and makes battery conservation easy.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.

Topgonzo likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast