Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One owns the S4 on pocketnow.com

Almost a clean sweep for the HTC one!

http://pocketnow.com/2013/04/25/sams...s-4-or-htc-one

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)
    Thanked by:
    JasonF 

Default Re: HTC One owns the S4 on pocketnow.com

I'm really happy to see the HTC One doing so well in these head to heads! I'll finally have mine today (I've been out of town, while it's sitting and waiting for me at my home). Really looking forward to finally spending some time with what is an awesome device by all accounts!

They sound bitter and now and more like the iphone crowd e.g. "extra features are gimmicks" "who cares about removable batteries and sd cards?" and "by this phone is so much better looking"

I personally buy phones based on capabilities and that's where the one falls short.

Why couldn't they come with new features besides blink feed?

Do something to stand out.

If the one had Samsung's features, removable battery (as all phones should have), it would be the best phone ever.

People always told this lie that "without a removable battery you can get a larger capacity battery inside the phone so it results in better battery life" but then look what happened - Samsung proved it to be a lie, they have the bigger battery AND is removable. Tell another lie HTC!

Funny how phones have been made out of plastic for YEARS but it's a crime when Samsung does it...

Whenever you're on top of your game it's always someone less fortunate that has a major problem with it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    They sound bitter and now and more like the iphone crowd e.g. "extra features are gimmicks" "who cares about removable batteries and sd cards?" and "by this phone is so much better looking"

I personally buy phones based on capabilities and that's where the one falls short.

If the one had Samsung's features, removable battery (as all phones should have), it would be the best phone ever.

People always told this lie that "without a removable battery you can get a larger capacity battery inside the phone so it results in better battery life" but then look what happened - Samsung proved it to be a lie, they have the bigger battery AND is removable. Tell another lie HTC!

Funny how phones have been made out of plastic for YEARS but it's a crime when Samsung does it...

Whenever you're on top of your game it's always someone less fortunate that has a major problem with it

You sound hurt!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 5:

A first review that the HTC one wins from someone who has never been heard of.

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central forums
    Proud owner of :
    Galaxy S4 rooted
    Galaxy Note 3 rooted
    Galaxy S5 rooted

Never even heard of "pocketnow". Are they even a relevant site or just some small time fanboy owned site? I sure don't put any weight on any "reviews" done by some offbeat websites.
    geekymcfly likes this.

They also have dual front speakers,boom sound,Beats Audio and Zoe

Some users do not feel the need for a removable battery,so this is a personal preference,does not take away from performance,my gripe with Samsung phones is the radios and screen,the s3 and note2 screen is not that great,cannot pass judgement on the S4,but it comes down to needs but to say the S4 is better then the One is opinion not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    You sound hurt!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Why would I be hurt?

It's a bunch of people that hate Samsung despite the fact that they created the better phone and with more features.

Still a slower cpu, smaller battery, fewer features, non removable battery, no expansion.

maryjane2300 and Distrack like this.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

IMO...The One might not have all the crazy features that the SG4 has, but it's an overall better phone. The build, the IR Blaster, the camera, less bloat, no lag, the screen and the sound is way better than the SG4. The HTC One's features that it has..such as the camera and speakers/sound is some of the features that I know, I'll use almost everyday. Unlike the features of the SG4, their just battery drainers. When I had the GS3 and the Note 2, I barely used any of those features. To me the features that Samsung implements is what I call "Show Off Features" not something you'll use every single day. And even though the HTC One has no SD Card slot, let's face it...32GB is enough for the normal user and it's $199. The S4 32GB is I believe $250 on some carriers and more on others. And lets not forget even though the S4 can take a SD Card, I don't believe you can install apps to the SD Card like you could before.

I'm waiting to see the threads people start making about the lag on the SG4, the bloatware and yes the locked bootloader...

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

They sound bitter about some of these 'features' because all the Samsung fanboys do nothing but bash the One for these reasons.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Why would I be hurt?

It's a bunch of people that hate Samsung despite the fact that they created the better phone and with more features.

Still a slower cpu, smaller battery, fewer features, non removable battery, no expansion.

The Ones battery life is better for browsing so can't be that far behind, the s4 runs a bigger screen and higher clocked processor.

The cpu manages to run the One with no lag, apparently the s4 isn't quicker than the One and lags sometimes (I've not used the s4)

And I can't be arsed to respond to the removable battery/SD card argument again.

Enjoy your s4, I'll enjoy my One.

Thanked by:
    coronaboy10 and HyperTF2 like this.

People are uber excited about the One speakers. I've heard them, and they are nice (still small/tinny sounding), but other than trying to show it off by showing freinds/fam video/sound clips,do people really plan on utilizing the speakers day to day? I know for me, I use my phone to talk to people via the earpiece, listen to music via headphones, and that' pretty much makes up 99% of my sound usage. So yes, some folks love to brag to people about "how cool" this new feature is, but at the end of the day, how often do you need to use tiny stereo speakers on a phone??
    madlaw1071 and Gator352 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    People are uber excited about the One speakers. I've heard them, and they are nice (still small/tinny sounding), but other than trying to show it off by showing freinds/fam video/sound clips,do people really plan on utilizing the speakers day to day? I know for me, I use my phone to talk to people via the earpiece, listen to music via headphones, and that' pretty much makes up 99% of my sound usage. So yes, some folks love to brag to people about "how cool" this new feature is, but at the end of the day, how often do you need to use tiny stereo speakers on a phone??
    I use my speakers for listening to music, and I talk on speakerphone quite often. The One's speakers just are so much better than anything else out there, even if you're planning on watching just a couple of videos or listen to music occasionally.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

How often will anyone be using half the features the S4 has? Are you going to walk around with the translator thing running? This type of argument is equally applicable to both devices.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Small and tinny? Compared to what? For the size of the device they're way above the rest. I personally dont ever use headphones, but I know most people do. I use the external speakers mostly when playing music in the garden or you tube vids both friends. Loud stereo speakers make racing games awesome too.

Thanked by 3:
    Topgonzo and Etios like this.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

I use mine a lot...at work I sometimes have music playing, I show off video clips to my co-workers and family, I use the phone as an alarm clock..etc...must i go on..lol

Now ask yourself...how often will you use the features of the S4..oh wait, the S4 allows the user to play their finger not far from the screen and view the email...wtf. Why not go ahead and just touch the screen, I mean your finger is already there. Oh and by the way the S4 Air gestures or whatever the feature is called, only works on certain apps...not all.

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
    Thanked by 5:

I can only comment on this from personal experience. I just came to the one from a GS3, before that GNEX, and GS2 before that. As soon as I got my GS3 I flashed CM10 onto it because personally I cannot stand Touchwiz (Personal opinion). I find all of the eye tracking and gestures are mostly gimmicks that never work as intended.

Since getting the ONE I have actually had no desire to get rid of sense 5. Back when I had a evo & evo 3d I despised sense and would always flash AOSP. But Sense 5 is refreshing and works great IMO. Blink feed doesnt bother me as I don't use it. I can not even begin to explain the craftmanship that went into this phone , It is beyond beautiful in both its design and the screen quality.

The bottom line is that people will like the ONE, and some people will like the S4 (beauty of android), but that you S4 fans felt the need to come onto a HTC ONE forum and try to defend a phone you don't even have yet SPEAKS VOLUMES.

P.S. Pocketnow.com is a very reputable website from way back in the windows phone days. They aren't some biased fan boy blog.
    Thanked by 4:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwooderic View Post
    I can only comment on this from personal experience. I just came to the one from a GS3, before that GNEX, and GS2 before that. As soon as I got my GS3 I flashed CM10 onto it because personally I cannot stand Touchwiz (Personal opinion). I find all of the eye tracking and gestures are mostly gimmicks that never work as intended.

Since getting the ONE I have actually had no desire to get rid of sense 5. Back when I had a evo & evo 3d I despised sense and would always flash AOSP. But Sense 5 is refreshing and works great IMO. Blink feed doesnt bother me as I don't use it. I can not even begin to explain the craftmanship that went into this phone , It is beyond beautiful in both its design and the screen quality.

The bottom line is that people will like the ONE, and some people will like the S4 (beauty of android), but that you S4 fans felt the need to come onto a HTC ONE forum and try to defend a phone you don't even have yet SPEAKS VOLUMES.

P.S. Pocketnow.com is a very reputable website from way back in the windows phone days. They aren't some biased fan boy blog.
    I actually use it. I detest pretty much all software that is not AOSP or Linux. Blinkfeed though? Neat.

So basically if the one were the s4 it'd be the best phone ever?

I really like the One and it is the better overall phone as PocketNow has alluded too. I've had ever HTC flagship since the OG EVO and the s3 samsung as well. HTC really dropped the ball years back. The 3D sucked and the One X had no where near the performance of the S3 in Sense 4. Sense has been slow for a long time and lagged under stress. Couple that with the task management debacle and it was a flawed device.

NOW, the One and Sense 5 is a awesome with none of these flaws. I use AOSP but mainly for the performance. I don't need it anymore. Sense 5 has that on the One and I don't get stuck with a garbage camera like AOSP has.

NOW, S4 vs One isn't nearly as lopsided as it should be though. Samsung just rehashed stuff and added more gimmicks that aren't needed. The One did not kill it in the Camera software. I think the tech is right but their Camera software is halfa$$ implemented. The forced blinkfeed was a fail. No SD card was a fail. Battery is also a fail. If you are going with an embedded battery, MAKE IT BIG, and it won't be a fail. Instead they barely increased it. That was the real fail here. I know the phone still gets great life but SmartPhones today eat Batteries for lunch and not including an amazing battery in your life saving (company saving) product was weak. I know these aren't complete fails but still...imagine if the One had a big battery and SD slot and no BlinkFeed and AMAZING Camera app. It would truly be "The One". Instead, its just better than Samsungs S4 by a small margin.

Take away the aluminum vs. plastic argument and those guys sound like fan boys. Once cases are put on each phone then the strength of One and weakness of S4 are equalized. Some peeps like BoomSound and buttoned down/stripped Sense. Some peeps like bells and whistles and an endless array of settings. Personally, I'd rather have all the "gimmicks" and the ability to shut them off than not have them at all.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post
    So basically if the one were the s4 it'd be the best phone ever?
    Except none of the "positives" present in the One are in the S4.
    go3go likes this.

The plastic thing is because things evolve over time and Samsung hasn't evolved with everyone else. Also, the quality of the build of the plastic isn't up to par anymore. The Nokia Lumnia, HTC first, and HTC 8x are what a plastic phone should feel like in this day and age. If you take away specs, the build of the high end and expensive GS4 is the same as low end, low priced android phone, and that's why reviewers are complaining.
    Thanked by 2:

You just sound like you don't want anybody to enjoy HTC features. If it's true then I don't need to waste my time for your jealousy. Just so you know, not everyone is like you. I enjoy the speakers a lot and so do my friends, they were really impressed because they are as loud as the laptop ones. Enjoy raging from threads to threads, I am just gonna enjoy watching videos and movies with them outstanding speakers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast