Rooting, Roms & Hacks Sub Thread?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
How about carrier sub-threads? It's hard to sift through all of the threads to find the Sprint people pissing and moaning about no LTE in their area and a $10/month charge.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We stopped doing carrier and rooting/roms/hacks subforums once we went through our massive forums re-organization. Older devices still have these subbies.

This is actually the first public 'request' of this (that I've noticed anyway!) since the re-org was completed (many months ago). If you feel it would be worth it, prove it to me! Some things to keep in mind:

1. Too many subdomains litters the forum index with forum after forum, making the forums home longer than it needs to be.
2. If we title our threads properly in the first place, we can eliminate the need for some subbies.

If you know me I'm completely open to anything, provided we have evidence that it will make things even better around here!

I know many on our mod team were used to the setup you're requesting here (and that's cool)... but until now they have been the only ones to request this. Also, if we were to move back to this sort of structure, it'll leave a lot of thread moving for our mod team to do.

All stuff to keep in mind. If this were to help create more action/thread creation in the HTC One, SG4 forums (as two examples), could be all good. Sound off!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
We stopped doing carrier and rooting/roms/hacks subforums once we went through our massive forums re-organization. Older devices still have these subbies.

This is actually the first public 'request' of this (that I've noticed anyway!) since the re-org was completed (many months ago). If you feel it would be worth it, prove it to me! Some things to keep in mind:

1. Too many subdomains litters the forum index with forum after forum, making the forums home longer than it needs to be.
2. If we title our threads properly in the first place, we can eliminate the need for some subbies.

If you know me I'm completely open to anything, provided we have evidence that it will make things even better around here!

I know many on our mod team were used to the setup you're requesting here (and that's cool)... but until now they have been the only ones to request this. Also, if we were to move back to this sort of structure, it'll leave a lot of thread moving for our mod team to do.

All stuff to keep in mind. If this were to help create more action/thread creation in the HTC One, SG4 forums (as two examples), could be all good. Sound off!

I know I've seen pleny of threads where users ask about rooting and stuff and I just simply point them to XDA. Don't really feel like re-explaining or looking for a thread that's been buried due to all the new posts or it was discussed in a thread with an unrelated title. And we know most new users don't search. It would be nice to have that section because it vary from devices. If not a section, a stickie thread so users can discuss those things in one place. I could go without the carrier sub forum though. How many carrier stickie threads as well? So no need for sub-forums but threads specifically geared toward those users?

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
How about carrier sub-threads? It's hard to sift through all of the threads to find the Sprint people pissing and moaning about no LTE in their area and a $10/month charge.

"passing and moaning " isn't the sole domain of sprint users. Although I must admit it does get a little tiresome.

CARRIER SUB FORUMS?

YES: X

NO:

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Waaa I got LTE on Sprint.... Oh wait... You said people on Sprint who don't have LTE. I guess you don't mean me :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon