HTC One Speaker Popping Sound

Does your HTC One make the popping noise?

• Total voters

Bigbill01

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I got my one 4 days ago.. From what I can tell it's the speakers powering up, playing the sound, and the pop is them turning off.

Doesn't alarm me at all.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

but do you get it on every sound .. that happens. even keyboard clicks?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
but do you get it on every sound .. that happens. even keyboard clicks?

Anytime a sound is played if it's quiet enough I will. It doesn't alarm me because if the speakers we're powered on all the time it would drain battery fast. I know about the ghost noise / pop from my little earbuds. If I go to play a song (on S3 or the One) I can hear the ghost noise then a pop about 4 seconds later as they shut off if I pause before music starts.

Now.. Do you mean something different like you are typing and just hearing pop pop pop?

Bigbill01

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Anytime a sound is played if it's quiet enough I will. It doesn't alarm me because if the speakers we're powered on all the time it would drain battery fast. I know about the ghost noise / pop from my little earbuds. If I go to play a song (on S3 or the One) I can hear the ghost noise then a pop about 4 seconds later as they shut off if I pause before music starts.

Now.. Do you mean something different like you are typing and just hearing pop pop pop?

I am getting just the same as you have described.. sounds like its normal.. I will take my hand away from the panic button :) Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am getting just the same as you have described.. sounds like its normal.. I will take my hand away from the panic button :) Thanks!

No worries :). I just noticed it from my headphones with all my phones if I listen close enough... So heard on my One and knew it was the same. It's just them powering up and down.

If you get a chance test it with other phones.. As always it has to be quiet enough but you can catch it. Glad you can relax though :D.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind about speaker popping but the static through earphones is awful. I hope HTC can fix this through a software update. Also, the stock earphones are quite loud in a quiet environment, even at the lowest volume. Otherwise though, I'm loving this phone!

teebone68

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Just discovered when I disable Touch Sounds under Settings>Sounds my pop goes away, not sure yet if this is a total solution or not.
Noticed every time I made a new selection the pop noise happened shortly after so thought I'd give it a try. Incidentally the pop only
started after I played several tracks of music fairly loud.

I also tried (one at a time) turning WiFi off, disabling NFC, and disabling BeatsAudio. NONE of these worked to remove the pop sound
for me.

Cheers

abs_1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
i get that pop sound randomly too Im also OCD when comes to small details, also have you noticed when using the keypad to text or email if you look up at the white screen (where the text is dsiplayed) you will notice line of white lights flickering one the keypad area

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I got the popping sound a couple of times when i first got my device it would pop once or twice and stop, mainly when I used Beats audio on. Or listened to TuneIn radio with Beats. It seems to have stopped though because now i can use it with or without beats on and I never hear it anymore, not saying it doesnt happen. Its just I really dont notice if it still does because it never became an issue where I'd hear it consistenly.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think this phone is great but I was watching a YouTube video and all of a sudden the top speaker started crackling real bad and it does it on music and phone calls I'm going to the Sprint store this weekend and see what they say.

Ozraeel

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I have a Vodafone AU HTC one and I only noticed this popping noise after I flashed the 4.3 GE rom. So I am sure it is a software issue and hopefully it will get addressed soon. Turning off touch noises works sometimes but nothing definitively.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20