1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One mail lag

I have 3 email accounts linked to the default mail app on this phone and now its lagging really bad and sometimes I get a black screen then the app closes. I've tried to close the app from the multi-task screen, force quit from the settings, restarted the phone and its still lagging really bad. I've pretty much given up on this default app and am using just the gmail app but not all of my emails are gmail. Is anyone else experiencing serious lag with the default mail app on this new HTC One?

Default Re: HTC One mail lag

...Negative. I'd try wiping that apps data first, and do a factory reset next if not. Haven't had a single issue, and I use that mail app pretty extensively for work.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rickysoDolo View Post
    I have 3 email accounts linked to the default mail app on this phone and now its lagging really bad and sometimes I get a black screen then the app closes. I've tried to close the app from the multi-task screen, force quit from the settings, restarted the phone and its still lagging really bad. I've pretty much given up on this default app and am using just the gmail app but not all of my emails are gmail. Is anyone else experiencing serious lag with the default mail app on this new HTC One?
    Do you have it so that data turns off when screen is off?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have force quit all other apps and cleared data through the settings, went back into the app and had me add an email account so I've added my work outlook email. Still freezing/not responding, cannot force quit in settings now because its greyed out and on top of all that when I locked the screen I have to enter in a pin because of exchange. I think I might have to do a factory reset the gmail app works great though just sucks because I'm not getting my other emails from other accounts.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update: so I was able to remove the accounts from the phone through the settings under Accounts & Sync and then removed credentials for exchange which cleared the whole exchange account from the phone and now I don't have to enter in a pin and turned off sleep mode in power settings. I retried to add an email (AOL) and the default app is still freezing up. It used to work fine the first few days I had the phone and I'm not sure what happened..I'm going to do a factory reset tonight when I get home.