Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ScottsoNJ
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One vs. S4 Ad nauseam

The more I read the more I shake my head. I own the One and love it. But from reading a lot of reviews people seem to be disappointed in the S4 because it was " not that much different" from the S3 . Well if I sold 50 million of something I wouldn't change much either. So I look it this way. I'm looking at the HTC One as the S3. The S3 was the breakout phone that set it apart from all other phones. So we all know that HTC has kind of dropped the ball with their phones,marketing etc. Hopefully the HTC One can be the phone that jumpstarts HTC and GOD knows they need a miracle. So hats off to Samsung for making a great successor and hats off to HTC for making a high end phone that a lot of people like. I hope they both inspire each other so that we the consumer have more and more innovation,features and a plethora of gimmicks that some people won't use but are always nice to have a choice.
    Thanked by:
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Default Re: HTC One vs. S4 Ad nauseam

Honestly I'm right their with you the s3 was a winning combination (even though I like the s2 more.) So Samsung was right to keep going down the same path. While HTC needed a hail Mary and I believe they are looking good with the one (market it HTC you need commercials etc) they both will serve their intended owners well and they will push each other to innovate along with the rest of the oems the hardware is almost standardized now for high end show me what you can do with software and design to distinguish yourselves.
    Rooted for life
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsoNJ View Post
    The more I read the more I shake my head. I own the One and love it. But from reading a lot of reviews people seem to be disappointed in the S4 because it was " not that much different" from the S3 . Well if I sold 50 million of something I wouldn't change much either. So I look it this way. I'm looking at the HTC One as the S3. The S3 was the breakout phone that set it apart from all other phones. So we all know that HTC has kind of dropped the ball with their phones,marketing etc. Hopefully the HTC One can be the phone that jumpstarts HTC and GOD knows they need a miracle. So hats off to Samsung for making a great successor and hats off to HTC for making a high end phone that a lot of people like. I hope they both inspire each other so that we the consumer have more and more innovation,features and a plethora of gimmicks that some people won't use but are always nice to have a choice.

You nailed it. Precisely.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsoNJ View Post
    Agreed, these phone nerds need girlfriends :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums