1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picture in Picture, pop up play, etc...

Hey everyone.

I'm new here and I am coming over from the iPhone side of the house. I've been doing a bit of research and asking around but I cannot find any definitive information on this particular topic. Does anyone with more experience than me know if the HTC One offers this option. Essentially I want to know if it's possible to say, play a video while still using the phone to do other tasks... I read in the manual that it allows you to do this but only if you are connected to a television. I'm just not sure if that is something you can do on the phone itself. Anyhow thanks!
    Last edited by WarEagleDoc; 04-27-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Default Re: Picture in Picture, pop up play, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleDoc View Post
    Hey everyone.

I'm new here and I am coming over from the iPhone side of the house. I've been doing a bit of research and asking around but I cannot find any definitive information on this particular topic. Does anyone with more experience than me know if the HTC One offers this option. Essentially I want to know if it's possible to say, play a video while still using the phone to do other tasks... I read in the manual that it allows you to do this but only if you are connected to a television. I'm just not sure if that is something you can do on the phone itself. Anyhow thanks!
    Welcome to AC!
    Floating YouTube Popup Video () lets you do this with YouTube videos but that's all it works with. Otherwise this is a feature that I believe only Samsung uses. Hopefully someone else knows more!

Give mobo player a shot. I've used it on all my previous android devices and while I had my last few Galaxy device's they released and update for the pop up player. It's worked great for me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Cool guys thanks! I saw this feature on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the LG Optimus G so I thought I would ask. I'm not eligible for my upgrade for another few days so I'll have a chance to mess around with these new phones again before I dive in, but I think I may go for the HTC as a replacement for my iPhone. I'm really looking forward to a change. Thanks again.