1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc one tmobile work on AT&T?

I have a iPhone 5 on AT&T currently,but found someone that wants to trade their tmobile htc one straight up. If the htc one is unlocked it should just be a SIM card swap I'd assume? If its not unlocked can it still be done or would the htc one need to be rooted? I read around that the tmobile version is compatible with AT&Ts lte bands so not really sure what would be needed to get the phone to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Htc one tmobile work on AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by Analogy View Post
    I have a iPhone 5 on AT&T currently,but found someone that wants to trade their tmobile htc one straight up. If the htc one is unlocked it should just be a SIM card swap I'd assume? If its not unlocked can it still be done or would the htc one need to be rooted? I read around that the tmobile version is compatible with AT&Ts lte bands so not really sure what would be needed to get the phone to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes if unlocked you'd be fine. Rooting has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So if its not unlocked there's no way to get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Analogy View Post
    So if its not unlocked there's no way to get it to work?
    If you don't get it unlocked, you won't be able to use an AT&T-branded SIM card in it. You need the AT&T branded SIM for the phone to work on the AT&T network.

what about getting unlocked one from HTC web site? will it work on ATT. it said it will not work on Tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by wlcandroid View Post
    what about getting unlocked one from HTC web site? will it work on ATT. it said it will not work on Tmobile.
    If you get an unlocked phone, you can use any carrier's SIM card in it. The reason the HTC website says that the unlocked version will not work on TMobile is because the unlocked version does not support the 1700 mhz band, which is used on the TMobile network. It will work fine on the ATT network.

Best thing between T-mobile and ATT and other GSM network interoperable HTC One is to get t-mobile version and that will work on both networks. Reason as said is t-mobile version has an additional 1700/2100 band.

Is it possible to add the T-mobile 1700/2100 band to the 64GB Developers Edition?

read answer from Tidbits: