Flashing green notification light wont turn off.

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why. I have closed all running apps, restarted etc etc. There are no notifications in my drop down menu. What could it possibly be?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue when I first bought mine. I turned off all the notification light options in Settings -> Personalize, then rebooted the phone, then turned the flash options back on again. It worked for me, might work for you too.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in the notification bar right? No message or calendar appointment sitting in there?

Otherwise go to your settings and turn off all LED notification settings then turn them back on.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could be a text message. For some reason they get buried on occasion. Happens to me on all four Android phones I have owned.

Try going into settings in the Messages app and marking all read.

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I will clear the notification, and the light will go out. As soon as the screen locks the light comes on again. I am using LightFlow if that helps.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue after I installed lightflow. Uninstalled the app, problem solved

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

discoverydavid

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't have light flow or anything, but with every GMAIL email, I get that stupid green notification.. I don't know how to turn it off.
I went into settings on the phone and unchecked all LED notifications, but I still get a notification with GMAIL. and there is no led setting int he gmail app itself.. It's really annoying.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't have light flow or anything, but with every GMAIL email, I get that stupid green notification.. I don't know how to turn it off.
I went into settings on the phone and unchecked all LED notifications, but I still get a notification with GMAIL. and there is no led setting int he gmail app itself.. It's really annoying.
Do u have any missed notification apps? I had one called missed call or something like that and I had to uninstall it because the notification light was gonna drive me insane.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Do u have any missed notification apps? I had one called missed call or something like that and I had to uninstall it because the notification light was gonna drive me insane.

This. Generally you won't get a persistent led unless you installed an app that isn't so great. It can happen but usually either pulling down the notification shade or doing a phone restart will fix it. If neither of these things work and you've determined that it's not being caused by a rogue app then you have a defective device.

eisaksso

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought my new HTC One yesterday and this was driving me nuts. It took me some time to realize that the flashing light was notifying me about new gmail messages. After I opened gmail and then closed it, the flashing finally stopped. Phew.

annalaube

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I went into settings - >applications->all applications (at the top you can swipe over)->Gmail and then uncheck "Show notifications." hopefully that will fix it. Good God, that was driving me insane, too.

Matthew_T

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I was having exactly the same problem, and it was really peeing me off! After reading a lot of what other people had posted about this problem, I put two & two together, and finally discovered there was an email in my Email Outbox that kept failing to send for some unknown reason. Once I deleted it from the Outbox folder, the green LED ceased blinking and it was a case of 'problem solved'.
Regards,
Matthew.

Nojh

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem on a Galaxy S4. A restart fixed it temporarily. However the permanent solution was a little sneakier. I use a non-standard messaging app. What I found was after receiving a text, the green light would flash when the screen was off. I checked the pre-installed messaging app, and it had been reset (due to the last major update) and didn't know it was no longer the default app for messaging, so it's notifications were still active.

So I recommend going through any pre-installed apps that you don't use, and making sure they know they aren't your default app, or turning off their notifications either via the system menu or their own settings.

Bhanumathy

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings -> MY DEVICE-> LED INDICATOR-> DO NOT MAKE A TICK IN THE THE BOX OF CHARGING, LOW BATTERY NOTIFICATIONS AND VOICE RECORDING NO LED LIGHT WILL LIGHT UP. IN GALAXY S3 . I HAVE THE SAME PHONE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12