Car App- Screen Dims

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've recently started using the iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC because I wanted a car dock that I could use with cases.

I discovered that the app has auto launch features for the car app and bluetooth when connected to a car dock which is awesome, however the screen dims way too much after about a minute. On my old EVO 3D I believe there were options for screen brightness etc based on time of day and or force a specific screen brightness. Does anybody know how to do this on the One Car app? I like the flexibility that the new app offers as far as putting your own apps on the docks and it's quite visually appealing but this issue with the screen dimming is really bugging me.

Nevermind- Got my answer from ibolt...... just installing their app and enabling the override function also works for the stock app

Originally Posted by remix2000
I picked up the iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC from Amazon for $40. I've used it with a variety of cases including the Otterbox Commuter Case. The dock has adjustable arms. The new HTC Car app actually has a built in auto launch bluetooth feature that will turn on bluetooth whenever it is plugged into a dock with auto launch feature. This dock both launches your car app and bluetooth. The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the screen from auto dimming.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
Hi "Remix2000". Great to hear that you are using the xProDock from us at iBOLT. It works great with the HTC One. The solution to your "dimmer issue" is to use either CarHome Ultra or the iBOLT Dock'n Drive App as both Apps have the "override phone setting" dimmer functionality. Hope this helps?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech