Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Visual voice mail on t-mobile?

Anyone get this working? I called t-mobile and they said it's not available for the One. Which seems strange when the app is preloaded..

Default Re: Visual voice mail on t-mobile?

Use google voice. It is way better than any of the carrier apps.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I have it working on mine.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

works here. Do you by change have a pre-paid plan? It doesn't work on those plans.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    works here. Do you by change have a pre-paid plan? It doesn't work on those plans.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Tmobile visual voicemail does work on prepaid. Google voice doesnt.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

When go to Visual Voice Mail it asks me to set up a pin number. When I enter the pin and again for verification is says Pin is incorrect. weird. Also I can not get the tmobile data usage widget to work as well.

Update: reset pin by calling #793# or whatever the app says, and now I can set my own pin.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks. That was it. Typing #7xx# from phone then going back to enter pin. Doesn't surprise me that tmoble support didn't know this.

Sent from my HTC One

I tried resetting my dialing #793# and it still doesn't work is there anything else I can do?

I have a regular plan with tmobile.

Mine gave me the same message while trying to set up Visual Voicemail. I had my number ported from a different carrier. T-Mobile originally assigned the phone a new number with the phone before the porting was complete. All I had to do was enter the last 4 digits of the number that T-Mobile originally assigned me (that I never used) while my real number was being ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk22 View Post
    When go to Visual Voice Mail it asks me to set up a pin number. When I enter the pin and again for verification is says Pin is incorrect. weird. Also I can not get the tmobile data usage widget to work as well.

Update: reset pin by calling #793# or whatever the app says, and now I can set my own pin.

this was VERY helpful!!!! Totally worked! Many 😄

Thumbs up Re: Visual voice mail on t-mobile?

Thanks for the code! Had the galaxy s5 since Friday 25th and have been going around in circles to get it to work, again, thanks for the info.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Thanks for these instructions - I should also note what may be a confounding issue - tmobile offers calls over wifi. If you try this code with wifi on, it will fail. It may be that if you simply turn off wifi and try to create a new pin w/o this code it will work. Just a thought - but too late for me to try - I turned off wifi - sent the code - changed my pin and am able to use the app!

thanks again. BTW - I am a recent convert from crackberry (z10 user) and am enjoying my tmo s5. If anyone is aware of a good discussion for BB switchers to kitkat, let me know.

Turning off wi-fi worked, but #793# did not. When I tried #793# it reset my pin to the last 4 digits of my phone number, but then Visual Voicemail said that I could not use my phone number as a pin. Catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Baron View Post
    Turning off wi-fi worked, but #793# did not. When I tried #793# it reset my pin to the last 4 digits of my phone number, but then Visual Voicemail said that I could not use my phone number as a pin. Catch 22.
    #793# reset my password to the last 4 digits of my number. So I typed that into the pin and just added a 1 at the end of the 4 digits and it worked. You might be able to put in any numbers after you reset instead of the 4 last digits.

Smile Re: Visual voice mail on t-mobile?

that worked for me! thanks so much.