Anyone putting insurance on the phone?

chris hackett

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the AT&T insurance. Yup I know $199 deductible ($6.99 per mo.) but better than paying for the whole thing when I leave it on the car and watch it get run over in my rear view mirror:). Plus I didn't want to put a case on it so this seemed like a good idea. P

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm paying $6.99/month for AT&T coverage (through Asurion). The deductible is high, but it would still be cheaper to pay it and get a replacement than pay full price for a new phone without insurance (IMHO).

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing Best Buy insurance. $10 a month, but no deductible, unlimited claims. It's a great option. Won't have to put a case on it and I have no worries with the device.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing Best Buy insurance. $10 a month, but no deductible, unlimited claims. It's a great option. Won't have to put a case on it and I have no worries with the device.

Probably the best option. Covers everything across the board so long as you can bring the phone in. You can also save some money paying $170 upfront for the two years. That'd save you $70 than the monthly cost and even mote than other after a claim. I love it.

Sent from my HTC One

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I got the ATT insurance. We will use it for the first year and then probably cancel it. Yeah it's high deductible, but we plan on taking good care of them.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You're better off just putting money in a savings account or a coffee can and if nothing happens you have money for a new phone when you want to upgrade

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That is right... Save your money instead. Guess what in a year if you break your phone you can buy a used one for 350 and sell an unusable for parts for 150. For the money you pay you will also have another 100 bucks saved. So the 100 you could save IMO isn't worth ijt uh unless you are a huge klutz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
That is right... Save your money instead. Guess what in a year if you break your phone you can buy a used one for 350 and sell an unusable for parts for 150. For the money you pay you will also have another 100 bucks saved. So the 100 you could save IMO isn't worth ijt uh unless you are a huge klutz

Lol I just dropped it twice today so yes I am a klutz

It has a case on it but that insurance is in case it gets hit with a cup of water from my kid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20