Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Default Google Now notifications

Ok i have been beating my head on the wall. I have a N4 and my wife just got the One. I have been up and down her settings and was wondering if the One shows the notifications from GNow? Like traffic to her work (which was set up already.) I am wondering because shes a huge baseball fan and we entered her favorite team onto the gnow settings.

I know on my N4 i get notifications. Also, can one select the jelly bean lock screen?

Default Re: Google Now notifications

yes, it will show notification from Google now. but first open and set Google now.

ONE is Android 4.1.2 so you wont get lockscreen(I assume thats what you asked for) for now

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine does, but I think it needs to learn so the more you use it the more it shows you...long press home to make google now come up and after a bit it will show you automatically

Does Google Now ever give you package tracking? I still haven't found much use for Google Now. I read that it gets data through your emails and will bring up things like flight info. I would think that it would bring up package tracking if it sees a UPS or Fedex tracking number.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Son Nguyen View Post
    Does Google Now ever give you package tracking? I still haven't found much use for Google Now. I read that it gets data through your emails and will bring up things like flight info. I would think that it would bring up package tracking if it sees a UPS or Fedex tracking number.
    It's supposed to if you have that card turned on....

I get notifications in the drop down bar, also have a widget that shows more things like peoples birthdays, sports scores, etc. Package tracking seems to work if I get an email with a tracking number.

Yes, but only for Gmail as that's the only source Google has access to scrape the data from. Works great though! I order a ton from Amazon and Ebay, so always see my tracking info in Now.

Do we actually have to turn the card on? I didn't see any option for that in the settings. The emails with the tracking numbers I'm waiting on went to my Yahoo account. I wonder if I forward to my gmail account if it will show up. I'm going to give it a try.

Do we actually have to turn the card on? I didn't see any option for that in the settings. The emails with the tracking numbers I'm waiting on went to my Yahoo account. I wonder if I forward to my gmail account if it will show up. I'm going to give it a try.
    I don't think you have to turn it on, but you can add cards and customize them. For example, I removed Warriors from my sports card as I don't like Basketball.

I'd be really interested in your results as I do all my shopping via another account.
    HTC One - ATT 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
    I don't think you have to turn it on, but you can add cards and customize them. For example, I removed Warriors from my sports card as I don't like Basketball.

I'd be really interested in your results as I do all my shopping via another account.
    I forwarded my tracking email along with some other travel related emails (plane ticket and hotel confirmations for June) last night. Still nothing in Google Now. I'll update if it suddenly shows up in the future.

Yeah mine has been working as well you might have her do a refresh to make sure it pulls in what she choose it to.

Go to Google Now

Then settings.

The first setting is "ALL CARDS"

Make sure that is turned on.

Then tap it to list all the possible cards and make sure the ones you want are turned on.

I have to say that I haven't been all that impressed with what it does so far. I suppose if you are traveling a lot or following more teams it may be more useful.

Package tracking is nice, but I haven't seen it yet. Haven't had any packages since getting the one. But I have a tablet on 4.2.2 and I don't recall ever getting a package track on that either, but I may just not have looked.

I would like to get it to scrape more news or items I have searched but it only does it rarely. I don't know if there is a way to force it to do more - like with alerts or something.......

Also, based on this - certain cards only work if you have things like web history turned on and location services.

Google

Google Now is still very limited as far as information it can access at the moment so it will be very underwhelming for most people.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Mine scared me it was so smart. To show off to my friend, I did a voice search: "What's the score of the Mets game?" It told me the score. The next day I got a card telling me about the next Mets game. The Mets were automatically listed as a favorite team in Google now settings.