1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE and 4G LTE phones do not support Brother Printers

I tried to print an email this afternoon from my HTC ONE and got the following results:

Print
    Searching for printers

Brother MFC-J825DW
    Printer is not supported, please tap to change settings.

When I tapped, I got a box to select a different printer listing my current printer on top.
    Underneath was a drop down box to select manufacturers and below that was box for models.
    The only manufacturers that were give were Canon, Epson and Hewlett-Pacard.

On the original print screen I was given 2 choices:

1. Scan for printers - tapping that gave me the same results as above.
    2. Add printer - when I pressed that choice, the phone asked for the ip address of the printer. When I entered the ip address it said printer not found.

My son has an HTC 4G LTE and had the same problem.

I called HTC tech support and went through the whole procedure with them and told them that I could print using my old Samsung Epic 4G. The told me that it was probably a software issue that could be corrected in future updates. He also said that it could be Jelly Bean, which I doubt.

Has anybody else had this problem or found a way around it.

I do not print from my phone that often, but it would make things a lot easier than having to then go to my computer to print.
    Last edited by Sterling147; 04-29-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: HTC ONE and 4G LTE phones do not support Brother Printers

You could use the Brother app for most things.

Thanked by 2:

Ya, use the Brother iPrint & Scan app. I literally just tested it because I saw this thread. Works on my One and worked on my Note before this.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you. I tried it and it worked. Still a bummer not to be able to print directly from my email. as I could on my Epic 4g. I still have a problem in that I have both gmail and earthlink email accounts and the app is only compatible with gmail. I am slowly (very slowly) migrating to gmail anyway, so maybe this will help to speed up my migration, or HTC will start supporting Brother - Oh Brother Where Art Thou? (Sorry I couldn't help myself!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling147 View Post
    Thank you. I tried it and it worked. Still a bummer not to be able to print directly from my email. as I could on my Epic 4g. I still have a problem in that I have both gmail and earthlink email accounts and the app is only compatible with gmail. I am slowly (very slowly) migrating to gmail anyway, so maybe this will help to speed up my migration, or HTC will start supporting Brother - Oh Brother Where Art Thou? (Sorry I couldn't help myself!)
    If you get an email at your other one that you need to print, you could forward it to you gmail.