Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Swype vs SwiftKey

    Over the past few weeks I've been trying out these 2 keyboards and overall I'm pretty happy with both of them. For me the Swiftkey is a better choice because its flow feature seems to fit me better. Just curious to know your thoughts on them :-)

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    chirag05 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakiro201 View Post
    Over the past few weeks I've been trying out these 2 keyboards and overall I'm pretty happy with both of them. For me the Swiftkey is a better choice because its flow feature seems to fit me better. Just curious to know your thoughts on them :-)

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Being somewhat new to both keyboards, I used the standard one for about a week then replaced it with Swiftkey and got so used to that swipe typing I have a hard time getting used to typing without it. It seems to learn your style and once I got used to it, I type much faster.
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    No Japanese on Swiftkey yet... I mistakenly paid for the full version after reading a blog post saying that Swiftkey 4 offered Japanese support. Nope...

    I need to use two languages daily for work (and because my fiancee is Japanese), so Swype wins because they offer Japanese. However, the Swifkey interface is much more appealing to me, so they will win me back if they ever adopt 日本語. I just hope they do it soon.
    59er9er likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Swype needs google voice integration. That dragon partnership they use is annoying. I got a refund within 15 mins.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by bigtnew; 05-31-2013 at 06:22 AM.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I have only ever used SwiftKey (writing this using Flow) so I can't offer a comparison to Swype. I CAN tell you how much I like SwiftKey over the stock LG and Android keyboards though. I got the paid version as a free app through Amazon which is even better.

    The only thing I wish SwiftKey had was a dedicated ".com" key for typing email addresses.

    From my LG Optimus G E970
  6. #6  
    ectoren's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I have both, but I prefer Swiftkey. Living along the US-Mexico border, means communicating bilingually. Spanisn and English back and forth. With Swype ya have to hold the spacebar button to change the language and choose it. And back and forth. That get tiring fast. With Swiftkey you don't worry about that. Actually, HTC stock keyboard bests Swype in this regard. You just hit the ES/ENG button once and change language.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Hmn, Swype fan here. I tried using Swiftkey, but it just seemed to only try and predict words and didn't swipe input. Am I missing something? Because I'm happy to try it again if you can swipe with it. It's word predictions were, for me, hopeless. I love swype.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    Hmn, Swype fan here. I tried using Swiftkey, but it just seemed to only try and predict words and didn't swipe input. Am I missing something? Because I'm happy to try it again if you can swipe with it. It's word predictions were, for me, hopeless. I love swype.
    They have updated swiftkey and it now has an option called "swiftkey flow" which is basically their version of swype for their keyboard.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  9. #9  
    ectoren's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Do have the latest version?

  10. #10  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I used to use swype, but have swithched to swift key - not sure wihich I like better. Swift key has great predictive abilities that make going back to swype hard but some words it just won't swipe. In those cases it is a hassle as you delete and go back and try again thinking you just swiped wrong, but nope, just wont do that word, so you go back and manually peck in the word.

    Swipe at least always showed the right word left most in the list of choices so if you really meant to type a strange word or name or abbreviation, you could easily confirm it and even add to your dictionary. Swiftkey wont just won't allow certain common words to be swiped at all.

    I also liked swipes little double letter enter system. So used to that that I offen try it in swiftkey.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I loved Swype but I've since moved onto SwiftKey. I got the app for free from the amazon app store free app of the day. I used the HTC keyboard for a bit but eventually switched.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    For swiping style typing I much prefer swype to swiftkey. I've been a swyper for a couple years and then gave swiftkey a try for about 6 months. On both my gnex and my S4 I just found that swype was faster and more responsive and accurate when comparing both using swiping style input.
    pjniez likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I made the jump to Swiftkey from stock, can't comment on Swype but I don't know why I never used Swiftkey before! It's so much better than the stock!! Being this is my first non-iPhone, I was hesitant to spend money on a keyboard app, but wow. Blown away how much better it is!
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I came from iOS and I started with swiftkey and LOVE it.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    I used to use swype, but have swithched to swift key - not sure wihich I like better. Swift key has great predictive abilities that make going back to swype hard but some words it just won't swipe. In those cases it is a hassle as you delete and go back and try again thinking you just swiped wrong, but nope, just wont do that word, so you go back and manually peck in the word.

    Swipe at least always showed the right word left most in the list of choices so if you really meant to type a strange word or name or abbreviation, you could easily confirm it and even add to your dictionary. Swiftkey wont just won't allow certain common words to be swiped at all.

    I also liked swipes little double letter enter system. So used to that that I offen try it in swiftkey.
    Funny, I was going to say the same thing. I still don't know which I prefer. I used swype since it came to the OG EVO but gave swiftkey a try a while back when they added the swiping funtion. I love the look of swiftkey and it's pretty good about prediction, but like you said sometimes putting in a word is near impossible. I keep trying to personalize it but it seems to falter on things I say often. Like if I start a sentence with "Was" as in "Was driving, sorry" it almost always puts "Says" instead. I might go back to swype but my friend who also has a One had HUGE lag spikes with swype so I'm a little weary now. I do love the idea of swiftkey but honestly swype is just better at deciding what word you are trying to type now, not what sentece you are trying to form, like swiftkey. I guess I'm just hoping they update swiftkey to be better because overall I like it better, just not overwhelmingly so.
  16. #16  
    jova33's Avatar

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I'm testing out SwiftKey, but for some reason it keeps putting soft for swift, which doesn't make sense because I'm swipping over the 'w' for swift.
    Also, swype seemed more forgiving to accidents and misspellings and would figure out what you're trying to say better. This next word prediction on SwiftKey is really annoying too.

    Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Swype all the way for me.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Swiftkey! easily the best!
  19. #19  
    jova33's Avatar

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I had to go back to Swype after a day. Trying to type an important message and swift key kept misspelling crap.

    Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I'll throw my hat in the ring and say SwiftKey is my choice. Been using it for years now. Best predictions, easy to use and set. Bottom line, it works really well. And flow is a nice touch.

    Just my take.

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  
    jova33's Avatar

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I did really like the themes in swift key.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    They have updated swiftkey and it now has an option called "swiftkey flow" which is basically their version of swype for their keyboard.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    I tried to find swift key flow but there was only the swift key keyboard app. Is the swiftkey flow part of that app?
    Also, does anybody know how Skype and swiftkey compares to the google keyboard? (Or should that be a different thread?)
  23. #23  
    jova33's Avatar

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Flow is in the settings. Right under "Upgrade from Trial"

    And both are better than the stock AOSP keyboard. Seems to be a pretty even split between swiftkey and Swype. Try them both.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  
    doomstang's Avatar

    Posts
    222 Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    I'm a huge SwiftKey fan. Having said that, I'm currently using the new stock Google keyboard that they just finally released to Google Play.
    I'll go back to SwiftKey soon (as always), but I'm enjoying the Google Keyboard for the moment.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Swype vs SwiftKey

    Quote Originally Posted by doomstang View Post
    I'm a huge SwiftKey fan. Having said that, I'm currently using the new stock Google keyboard that they just finally released to Google Play.
    I'll go back to SwiftKey soon (as always), but I'm enjoying the Google Keyboard for the moment.
    The Google keyboard is very good. It's just a bit plain and I prefer punctuation on Swiftkey. Two things SwiftKey needs to learn from the Google keyboard. Make that three.

    1. Learning your contacts.
    2. Adjustable levels of autocorrect.
    3. Editable dictionary.

    And one thing all keyboards could learn from the latest WebOS keyboard that was on the Pre3 is programmable shortcuts.

    Like att = AT&T.
    tm= T-Mobile
    ure= You're
    Etc. These were all programmable and was a very nice time saving feature.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SWYPE Vs. SwiftKey Flow
    By Lefank in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
  2. Swype vs. SwiftKey 3 (or Other Keyboard Apps)
    By PowrDroid in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Swiftkey vs Swype reviews? Swiftkey free at amazon 7/21
    By repligator in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
  4. keyboard comparison: swype vs SwiftKey vs thumb
    By ravizzle in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM
  5. Swype vs. Default Keyboard?
    By Hayze in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Posting Permissions