First drop off a 4 foot bar table on to concrete..

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I was out showing off ny phone today about an hour ago and a buddy if mine dropped my One off the bar table outside.. didn't see it since it fell under the table but it made a very heart wrenching noise and fell face down. Picked it up and I noticed 2 decently bad blemishes on the top and bottom if each speaker grill, respectively. Was pretty pissed but took ny fingernail to the blemishes and they all scratched right off and you can't even tell the phone was dropped! There was a small chip and somehow it is gone! Very pleased that nothing happened and quite surprised at how well the phone held up!

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
On a side not is anybody's landscape keyboard TERRIBLE?! Anything I type gets screwed up. For instance I was trying to type flipboard earlier! Slowly type flip, and then as soon as I hit B, it turned in to fliob, and as I would continue typing the words it would keep changing letters I already correctly typed and it has NEVER done that in portrait mode

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check your internals. Its making you type "ny" instead of "my" and "if" instead of "of"

Sent from my phone with the app.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine the other day and got two really bad gashes in it. One on top right corner, one on the bottom left. I purchased a Double Dip case the next day (which looks much better in person than it does in pictures).

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You might want to check your internals. Its making you type "ny" instead of "my" and "if" instead of "of"

Sent from my phone with the app.

That's exactly what it's doing but it's doing it after i type it's very strange.. pretty sure it was like this before the drop though but ihavent used landscape much. The weird thing is that it works fine in the texting app but nothing else.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad it is ok!!! I would have died a little inside 0_o

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Me too I was expecting the worst! Scared the absolute hell out of me when I heard it hit the ground and when I looked at it I was pretty bad but it all just wiped right off..

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
On a side not is anybody's landscape keyboard TERRIBLE?! Anything I type gets screwed up. For instance I was trying to type flipboard earlier! Slowly type flip, and then as soon as I hit B, it turned in to fliob, and as I would continue typing the words it would keep changing letters I already correctly typed and it has NEVER done that in portrait mode

this was also reported by some folks on the BUG thread. I think i saw it on XDA, but cnat remember where.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270286-bug-thread-8.html#post2735571

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Check to be sure you didn't inadvertently add 'fliob' as a "real word" in your personal dictionary. (Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> HTC Sense Input -> Personal Dictionary)

Every once in a while I go in to my personal dictionary and clean out the crap I didn't mean to enter there, and things get much better! :)

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Trying my landscape. Of course it is fine.

Trying it with the Swype style. My phone seems fine. Of course I see if as a choice when I Swype of and ny when I Swype my.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Check to be sure you didn't inadvertently add 'fliob' as a "real word" in your personal dictionary. (Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> HTC Sense Input -> Personal Dictionary)

Every once in a while I go in to my personal dictionary and clean out the crap I didn't mean to enter there, and things get much better! :)

Nothing crazy in there but its werid how it changes AS im typing but it works 100% fine in the standard messaging app

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I was out showing off ny phone today about an hour ago and a buddy if mine dropped my One off the bar table outside.. didn't see it since it fell under the table but it made a very heart wrenching noise and fell face down. Picked it up and I noticed 2 decently bad blemishes on the top and bottom if each speaker grill, respectively. Was pretty pissed but took ny fingernail to the blemishes and they all scratched right off and you can't even tell the phone was dropped! There was a small chip and somehow it is gone! Very pleased that nothing happened and quite surprised at how well the phone held up!

Hopefully this taught you to put a case on it to keep from having the mini heart attack next time an accident happens

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is why I always suggest to people to get a protective case for their devices.

Well i have Best Buy insurance on my phone so if anything did happen id just swing by best buy the next day and tried to get a replacement or something. If it was a big scratch on the back or something i wouldve just backed up everything, dropped my phone in water on purpose, ( best buy covers it) and went and picked up a new one!