alternative remote apps?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a good alternative to HTC's TV app. I really don't care about the guide or show suggestions at all. I know what shows I want and I know when they are on. However, I'd love to be able to control my Blu-Ray and Xbox with my phone's IR blaster (LG's QRemote can do this).

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it may be just a little while before we start seeing some really good universal remote apps. Since having a phone with a IR blaster is relatively new and not widespread wasn't much for developers to focus on and the apps that were available were specific to a device or service. But now they will. I really hope we get a good logictech app but I doubt it because it would hurt their remote sales.

Khidr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I just took the plunge on this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.remotefairy2&token=WKIwO7nO

I'm pretty impressed. $10.00 is way more reasonable than the 50.00 touchsquid one, and it got my pioneer receiver, xbox 360 (a step above peel), and lg tv working instantly. It then let's you set up whatever macros you can dream up and create a customized master remote, while still having access to the individual components as needed. No real complaints, but hopefully they'll keep improving the ability to customize the layout a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles