Screen Protectors

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my phone (invisible shield) and it seems to be causing the home and back buttons to not be as responsive. I also heard this maybe a software issue? Can anyone clarify this or is it the screen protector?

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It has issues without the screen protector but it's really with it on. I have a screen protector on mine and sometimes it requires up to 3 press. I'm assuming it's a software issue, if not HTC will be so out of luck. I don't get it, my HTC one x never had such issues.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple threads about this. The capacitive buttons do not respond well. You'll have to trim the screen protector so it's not covering the buttons.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

doctordowling

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
For anyone with issues with the sensitivity of the capacitive buttons while using a screen protector, try this: Amazon.com: MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - HTC One (2 x Screen Protectors) - IMPORTANT: only compatible with the "HTC ONE", and not the other devices in the HTC One Range: Electronics

I was using a Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal and HATED it. It messed up the capacitive buttons, where it would usually take me 5+ times to hit it correctly. And the thing was a fingerprint magnet, so much that a light touch and there would be oils all over the screen.

Switched to MediaDevil (had used them before on a few iPhones, iPads, and the Nexus 7) and everything is great. Even though the protector is completely clear, it repels fingerprints much better! It's strange to say - but this protector just "feels" higher quality (it is perhaps a bit thicker but this could be a placebo effect). And, now I have zero problems with the buttons. Don't hesitate, try these!

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The screen protector I'd say. I put it on yesterday and I've already noticed I have to press it about 4x before it registers (sometimes). I might take it off sometime down the road

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I installed the HTC branded screen protector. It covers the screen but the buttons seem as responsive as they were before.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine at Best Buy and had them install it. Do you think they would be willing to redo it and cut it shorter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO