1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry GCal sync issues....

Hey everyone, I am new to the adroid community, I recently dropped my Iphone to get this new amazing HTC One, so far there has been some growing pains, but overall i love this phone. One thing that is driving me crazy is an issue i'm having with my calendar. When i make a new event on my computer in Google Calendar (which i do all the time for work) and I go to update the event on my phone, the time zone on my phone is set to GMT+0:00 and the start and end times are all out of whack. Also, when i do make the change (or create a new event from my phone) it asks me if i want to notify the administrator of these changes and takes me to a e-mail page... i can not figure out how to fix these settings and it's driving me insane. I need help.

thanks!

Default Re: GCal sync issues....

Quote Originally Posted by HTC_Rookie View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to the adroid community, I recently dropped my Iphone to get this new amazing HTC One, so far there has been some growing pains, but overall i love this phone. One thing that is driving me crazy is an issue i'm having with my calendar. When i make a new event on my computer in Google Calendar (which i do all the time for work) and I go to update the event on my phone, the time zone on my phone is set to GMT+0:00 and the start and end times are all out of whack. Also, when i do make the change (or create a new event from my phone) it asks me if i want to notify the administrator of these changes and takes me to a e-mail page... i can not figure out how to fix these settings and it's driving me insane. I need help.

thanks!
    Is the time zone set to +0GMT elsewhere on the phone?

Are you using the google calendar app or the htc calendar app?

Do you have a second time zone set in any of the calendars (online/google/htc)?

Have you set second time zone to None?

Just brainstorming.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If i go to settings > Date & Time, it's set to automatic time zone, and it shows pacific standard greyed out at the bottom.

I'm using the calendar that came on the phone, I haven't downloaded another calendar... I wonder if that will fix it, is there a google calendar in the play store?
    I have the second time zone in the calendar set to "none"

....?

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

is there a google calendar in the play store?
    Yes

If i go to settings > Date & Time, it's set to automatic time zone, and it shows pacific standard greyed out at the bottom.

I'm using the calendar that came on the phone, I haven't downloaded another calendar... I wonder if that will fix it, is there a google calendar in the play store?
    I have the second time zone in the calendar set to "none"

....?
    You didn't answer if you online calendar has a second time zone enabled, or if time is set to 0GMT on the phone.

If you checked all that, and you still have the problem, I would try the google calendar from the play store and see if that also has the issue.

Neither my htc version or the google calendar version is acting up, fwiw

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    Neither my htc version or the google calendar version is acting up, fwiw
    Both mine are fine also, I'm hoping blinkfeed will support google calendar soon so I don't need to sync 2 different calendar apps to get an agenda in blinkfeed