Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tune In radio issues

Has anyone had issues with the Tune In radio app? I have Tune In pro and it is constantly buffering the stations and closing the app all together when I am listening and I am on LTE with half to full bars of service so it shouldnít be a bad signal. Iíve also tried using the free tune in app that came preloaded on the phone and it does the same thing, as well as deleted the app and reinstalled. I came from a Nexus S 4g with Wimax and never had this issue, and that is slower 4g. Iíve tried multiple different stations and it happens with everyone. Iíve emailed the devs but have yet to hear back. I listen at work and canít pick up these stations on a regular radio, I canít stand sitting in silence in this beige box I work in! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Tune In radio issues

I use TuneIn Pro fairly regularly and have yet to have a force close. I do believe there is an issue with the app itself regarding buffering though, I get buffering pauses over WiFi. My home WiFi is 12Mbps down, I should never have to wait for audio to buffer at that speed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The weird thing is that when it force closes it doesnít give me and error or anything. It just closes and when I unlock my phone itís like it was never open to begin with. Iím worried too because Iíve been trying to listen on the apps of some of my favorite stations from the play store and theyíre having similar problems. Is this possibly something that my phone has wrong with it and I need to consider getting a different one (before my 14 day window is up)? Or is it something that might just need an update sent out since itís a new phone and could have some bugs?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Even though I paid for the pro version I have gone back to the free version. I had issues with the pro version but never had issues with the free version.

Quote Originally Posted by munz19 View Post
    The weird thing is that when it force closes it doesnít give me and error or anything. It just closes and when I unlock my phone itís like it was never open to begin with. Iím worried too because Iíve been trying to listen on the apps of some of my favorite stations from the play store and theyíre having similar problems. Is this possibly something that my phone has wrong with it and I need to consider getting a different one (before my 14 day window is up)? Or is it something that might just need an update sent out since itís a new phone and could have some bugs?
    If you are having issues with other apps too, there may very well be something else going on. Are the other apps force closing or are they having data issues too?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

One of them force closes before anything starts playing and gives me an error notice. The other one stays open but just stops playing so i have to continually unlock the phone and push play for it to go again.

I use the pro version, a lot, and have not had any issues at all (knock on wood).
    One of my most used apps and worth every penny.
    If only you could forward live radio as well as rewind it, it would be perfect.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I'll hear back from the devs soon with some ideas to what's going on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I had this problem and solved it by changing the screen time out on my phone. I observed that my stations started buffering only after the screen went to sleep, so I changed the settings to have the screen always on, lowered the brightness by half to save power. I also changed my power management settings to avoid the power saver mode.

Can I just say that Tunein should do something to fix this? We shouldn't have to keep our phones "awake" to avoid buffering.