- 3 Posts
I've Rooted my HTC One - Now what?
I've successfully unlocked my bootloader, flashed recovery and rooted my One using Superuser. I got Titanium Back-up and froze all those stupid bloatware apps. Now what can I do? I see there are two pretty good roms over in Xda forums, but I'm not sure if I should grab one of those or wait for other better ones? Is there a "best" rom? Anything else I can do while waiting for a good one?
- 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM #2
- 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM #3
- 114 Posts
Re: I've Rooted my HTC One - Now what?
I basically just wait till I see an app/theme/feature I really want before I do anything. I typically root just for the advanced backup features available to us. If you are a ROM junkie, the Nexus line of phones are the best for that.
The 'best' ROM for you is one that offers features you will use. The same reason I didn't jump on a S4, I would NEVER use any of those gesture features. But I love the One camera and Blinkfeed. So, how do you want to use your phone? That is what you want to ask, then start reading a ton over on XDA in the development forums looking at ROMs and the features that are offered in them. Be aware, ROMs not based off the current firmware can break core features on the phone. Learned that one the hard way on my S3..B
- 05-03-2013, 11:49 AM #4
- 05-04-2013, 01:11 AM #5
- 05-04-2013, 01:30 AM #6Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- 05-04-2013, 11:49 AM #7
- By cwells in forum AT&T & Rogers One X Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM
- By michael416 in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM
- By nicholasdejohn in forum Inspire Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 11-28-2011, 05:08 PM
- By twentyfour.k.mex in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
- By mrgrind05 in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM