Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By adriandb
  • 12 Post By jdevenberg
  • 2 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 1 Post By scorpiodsu
  • 3 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?

I haven't been able to find a good, reasonably comprehensive illustrated list of status bar icons, either for the HTC One or for the HTC One on AT&T. Does such an animal exist (it's apparently not in an HTC manual)?

In the meantime, I have this cryptic looking icon often appearing on the status bar of my HTC One (Developer's edition running on the AT&T network in the U.S.). Any clues as to what it means?

. . . it looks like "ereaders on the march," if you ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-screenshot_2013-05-03-10-35-44.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?

I think that's vibrate actually.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    3,253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

I second the theory of the vibrate icon indicator.

That's the vibrate icon.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

It's the vib... oh nevermind.
    amroa likes this.

Thats actually a picture of your phone laying on a glass table while doing bench press taken from underneath the table looking up. It means your phone is working out so it can get more bars in the future.

Vibrate, what a ridiculous theory.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Try something along the lines of settings>about phone> help> icon glossary.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    dotB and gankstar5 like this.

Here's a good list for future reference. It's from older HTC devices but most are the same or look similar. The differences are really in the carriers where t-mobile with put H and AT&T will have 4G. But those should be obvious differences.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    j7469 likes this.

No such glossary...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Try something along the lines of settings>about phone> help> icon glossary.

No Such Glossary
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justchillinuno View Post
    No such glossary...

- - - Updated - - -

No Such Glossary
    I'm sorry to hear that. Here is the full glossary as listed on my phone.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-uploadfromtaptalk1367619824963.jpg   Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-uploadfromtaptalk1367619834730.jpg   Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-uploadfromtaptalk1367619844112.jpg   Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-uploadfromtaptalk1367619853369.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    JasonF, dotB and HelloNNNewman like this.

This is what i have... T-Mobile

Can someone tell me what the first icon is in this screenshot (with the plus)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thiscrapsucks35 View Post
    Can someone tell me what the first icon is in this screenshot (with the plus)?
    It means you have more notifications that aren't being displayed so you need to pull down your notification bar to see all of them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by 3:

Okay, so every application I install I get a google play icon at the top which remains until I open the app through google play (not if I open the app normally). I also now have 2 google symbol icons which I cant get rid of and a facebook one which wont disappear either. Ideas please

Once installing just clear the notification. It always does that.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justchillinuno View Post
    This is what i have... T-Mobile

Hey, what is that 'M' icon? Is that for an app or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kashiskay View Post
    Hey, what is that 'M' icon? Is that for an app or something?
    A new email on Goggle Mail

Does anyone know what the icon is in between the Bluetooth and wifi icon is? I don't think it an app icon because it's on the right side, even though I forced stopped all app and the icon is still there. Any help would be great.Unidentified status bar icon - and is there a comprehensive list?-screenshot_2013-11-12-15-31-50-1-.png

Never mind, I just noticed it was on the list of icons....my NFC is on.

That NFC icon is terribly ugly.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon