Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchdown Exchange - Different widget apps?

Hi all,

Due to my company I need to get corporate email via touchdown and air watch the client is decent mouth for my needs but the widgets are pure ugly. I am relatively new to Android and wanted to know if I can either download an app that will let me change the way these widgets look or if any one knows of any widgets aside from Android Agenda which seems to be made by the same people under a different name.

If it is possible to get an app that would let me change some of these widget styles that would be awesome because these guys are totally detracting from the beautiful UI hat is on this phone.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Touchdown Exchange - Different widget apps?

Look at pure calendar widgets
    Thanks,

Mark
    Kyo7135 - Treo600 - Treo650 - Treo 700 - BlackBerry 8800 - Blackberry 9000 - Droid - Storm 2 (failed Experiment) - Droid - Droid X - iPhone4S (waiting to come back to Android with HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4)

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Oh how I miss Touchdown. I have been on iOS and refused to have my work email and calendar in with the personal. Back on Android with the One next week though so work stuff will be back where it belongs.
    As mdlissner said pure calendar widgets are worth a look.
    I am back HOME on the epic Nexus 5!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply,

I did look at pre calendar but as silly as it sounds they look so gingebread, the Ones UI is so pretty I wanted some more modern that is similar to the stock UI calendar widget. I did pay and install Andriod Agenda Widget and get it some what reasonable looking but it has an issue where once the day changes you lose your settings lol.

As for looks I was hoping to be able to do something like simple calendar widget

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by sfla99 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I did look at pre calendar but as silly as it sounds they look so gingebread, the Ones UI is so pretty I wanted some more modern that is similar to the stock UI calendar widget. I did pay and install Andriod Agenda Widget and get it some what reasonable looking but it has an issue where once the day changes you lose your settings lol.

As for looks I was hoping to be able to do something like simple calendar widget

Thanks again,

Have you downloaded any of the skins available for Pure Calendar Widget. You can give it most any look. There are so many skins available you should be able to come up with a look you like.

Coggster - did you know that Touchdown is available for iOS? I have not used it - because I just found out and I am also planning a return to Android. Hoping Verizon comes with a HTC One version soon!
    Thanks,

Mark
    Kyo7135 - Treo600 - Treo650 - Treo 700 - BlackBerry 8800 - Blackberry 9000 - Droid - Storm 2 (failed Experiment) - Droid - Droid X - iPhone4S (waiting to come back to Android with HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the suggestion,

I did not there were downloadable themes. It's a shame touch downs widgets are so undesirable for an otherwise decent app. I did purchase Android Agenda Widget and have something somewhat acceptable though not great looking.

The problem is that sense looks so nice on the phone that when you put these old styled widgets it just looks out of place and as if your doing the handset an injustice lol.

Thanks for the top though,I will take a look and prob buy it since to only $2.00

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    Coggster - did you know that Touchdown is available for iOS? I have not used it - because I just found out and I am also planning a return to Android. Hoping Verizon comes with a HTC One version soon!
    No I didn't know that. Sadly a little late to find out as I get my One next week!
    I am back HOME on the epic Nexus 5!!

I just tried out every email client I could find that worked with exchange 2010. I thought Touchdown's widgets were by far the best. Most only let you see a single email. I ended up using Executive Assistant + for my lockscreen and email widget.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon