Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google wallet

Here is an apk that you can download.
    do it with your phone directly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Google wallet

Have you managed to get this working? Where did you get the apk? Also, that looks like a .zip file, do we need to extract it or rename it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Works really well. Try it. or you can load the apk through USB/email it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Where did you get the apk? Also, that looks like a .zip file, do we need to extract it or rename it?
    Looks suspicious, OP completely dodged your question. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give my Google Wallet to a downloaded APK.
    Thanked by 3:
    Gator352 and adriandb like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Its from XDA. I was able to sign into my existing wallet account and got a reply email from Google as well. And there have been no new transactions either.
    How would you root? Trust someone who wrote a ROM to replace the entire OS on your phone? I guess stuff like this is not for everybody. That's why they make Apple.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by aviatordoc View Post
    Its from XDA. I was able to sign into my existing wallet account and got a reply email from Google as well. And there have been no new transactions either.
    How would you root? Trust someone who wrote a ROM to replace the entire OS on your phone? I guess stuff like this is not for everybody. That's why they make Apple.
    I agree that it looks fishy as is. If you linked to the XDA thread it would comfort a lot of people here I think.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

There's nothing fishy about the apk he posted. If u aren't on sprint and wanna use Google wallet u have to get it off the web. Its called side loading and is safe. My aunt uses it on her att s3.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    There's nothing fishy about the apk he posted. If u aren't on sprint and wanna use Google wallet u have to get it off the web. Its called side loading and is safe. My aunt uses it on her att s3.

I understand how side loading works, and have side loaded apps on my One right now. Saying side loading is safe as a blanket statement is completely inaccurate, because someone could modify the code to send your information to them (especially risky in an app like this where you will be loading it with credit card info) and you would be none the wiser. Side loading is safe as long as you know the .apk you are side loading comes from a trusted developer, hence my inquiries into this .apk and request for a link to the XDA thread he got it from. On top of that, developers usually like to get credit for their work, so it is more polite to post a link to their thread then to take their .apk and repost it without any acknowledgement of where you got it. Thirdly, most of the time I download an apk file, its file extension is .apk, not .zip, though I have on rare occasions downloaded them as .zip and changed their file extension to .apk manually, but again, instructions regarding that would be great, and the XDA thread again would be helpful.
    adriandb likes this.

If you're on Sprint, it's good to go.
    Thanked by:

Do I need to be rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Do I need to be rooted?
    To install the .apk no you don't, just make sure the option "allow outside sources" is checked in your developer section of your settings. Now, I haven't tried this particular apk yet, but I know some/most require you to disable region checks for Wallet, and that does require root.

True. It says archive is corrupted

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I haven't been able to get it to work yet. Has anyone else been able to use it?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I loaded this last week on my Sprint One and is working just fine. AT&T and Tmobile seem to be blocking Wallet.

Posted via Android Central App
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Theres quite a few posts on this..but yeah I sideloaded it last week off the web..and its a no go on AT&T
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Theres quite a few posts on this..but yeah I sideloaded it last week off the web..and its a no go on AT&T
    U have to be rooted if u are a non sprint user also.

Ok it seems to work fine for me. I'm on Sprint..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Is Google wallet alone worth rooting the One?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by ICEmayne View Post
    Is Google wallet alone worth rooting the One?

I would say no..I used it a few times on my GNex and while it was neat to shock people who didnt know you can use your phone to pay just by swiping...it lost its luster rather quick...I could probably see myself using it more if it was accepted in more places I go to
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Agree, its more of a cool thing than mainstream tool at this time. When supermarkets and big grocery strores have those at the register, it will make more sense, especially if you can store the store card for discounts along with it. It is going in the right direction, IMHO.

Thanks guys. I think I'll hold off then.

Quote Originally Posted by aviatordoc View Post
    Agree, its more of a cool thing than mainstream tool at this time. When supermarkets and big grocery strores have those at the register, it will make more sense, especially if you can store the store card for discounts along with it. It is going in the right direction, IMHO.
    I use it at my local grocery store currently in San Diego. Also a lot of other places now have the correct machine so I use it all the time. Its spreading which is great to see

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Spreading, yes. I was happy that I was able to set it up and use initially on the one, but rooting and loading recovery wiped the phone. No wallet. I was happy to load the apk and set up went well.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Anyway to get this working on the AT&T version of the htc one?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    I would say no..I used it a few times on my GNex and while it was neat to shock people who didnt know you can use your phone to pay just by swiping...it lost its luster rather quick...I could probably see myself using it more if it was accepted in more places I go to
    I use Google wallet daily. Its a lot of places that accept Google wallet. Download the MasterCard pay pass app to see all the places that accept it. McDonalds Walgreen's foot locker best buy home depot radio shack 711 to name a few

Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast