Paying full price. From where to get? AT&T, T-Mobile or Unlocked from HTC

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!
I have finally decided on the HTC One but I hate contracts and I prefer paying full price upfront and using a prepaid (such as Straight Talk).

So what do you guys suggest, is it better to buy it from AT&T, T-Mobile or from htc.com?

Cheers

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!
I have finally decided on the HTC One but I hate contracts and I prefer paying full price upfront and using a prepaid (such as Straight Talk).

So what do you guys suggest, is it better to buy it from AT&T, T-Mobile or from htc.com?

Cheers

Get the unlocked One, no question. It has a few advantages over the carrier versions:
1. Its cheaper from HTC
2. Unlocked supports T-Mobile and AT&T LTE so no loss there
3. No carrier bloat
4. No carrier delay on updates

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked form HTC. I ordered mine on Friday morning and received my (today) Saturday morning even with standard shipping!

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
But does the Unlocked phone from HTC support AWS HSPA+ of T-Mobile?

Crap! This is what I see on htc website "Out of Stock - Next Shipment Available to ship: 05/23/2013"

:'(

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
No it does not, it will either go to Edge or LTE on T-mobile. However, it supports 3G, HSPA+, and LTE on AT&T.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But does the Unlocked phone from HTC support AWS HSPA+ of T-Mobile?

Crap! This is what I see on htc website "Out of Stock - Next Shipment Available to ship: 05/23/2013"

:'(

If your going to use it on T-Mobile, then T-Mobile may be the best choice to get it from. Their LTE Network is very small, so unless you spend 90% of your time in one of their LTE markets, you'll want HSPA+ support.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Getting this phone at full retail has been a challenge for me. AT&T and Best Buy will not sell the phone to me. Best Buy said they don't sell the phone outright to anyone, which I think is horse ****. The AT&T rep said they will only sell the phone to me if I have an AT&T account with them. Only way for me to get this phone is if I get the Dev version. *sigh*

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Getting this phone at full retail has been a challenge for me. AT&T and Best Buy will not sell the phone to me. Best Buy said they don't sell the phone outright to anyone, which I think is horse ****. The AT&T rep said they will only sell the phone to me if I have an AT&T account with them. Only way for me to get this phone is if I get the Dev version. *sigh*

So they would rather the phone sit on the shelf than sell it. Wow.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing the same trouble!
Don't know how to buy it with T-Mobile..even they want me to take the service even after paying full amount :-!

Any ideas guys? I'm inclined to get the T-Mobile version as it supports it's AWS HSPA+...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile unlocked version is the optimal choice. It supports all tmobile and Att bands where the unlocked and Att are missing the 1700 band for tmobile hspa when in an area that's not refarmed. You'd probably have to pay an unlocked service but you'll be golden after that then you cam pretty much switch prepaid carriers and not worry about if your phone is compatible with att or tmobile.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile unlocked version is the optimal choice. It supports all tmobile and Att bands where the unlocked and Att are missing the 1700 band for tmobile hspa when in an area that's not refarmed. You'd probably have to pay an unlocked service but you'll be golden after that then you cam pretty much switch prepaid carriers and not worry about if your phone is compatible with att or tmobile.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Will the Att version get tmobile ltd?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Best buy doesnt make any profit off of the phone it's self. They make all their money off the fee att pays them for each contract they get someone to sign.

yuiness

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm facing the same trouble!
Don't know how to buy it with T-Mobile..even they want me to take the service even after paying full amount :-!

Any ideas guys? I'm inclined to get the T-Mobile version as it supports it's AWS HSPA+...

I spoke to a Tmobile rep who told me that I could buy the One from them with a postpaid paid, pay for it in full, and then immediately cancel the postpaid plan. At that point, you can buy a Tmobile SIM card from the MNVO of your choice and pop it into your new phone. The rep assured me that if I cancel immediately, I will not be charged for the postpaid plan.

Personally, though, I went with the unlocked version even though I'm on Tmobile's $30 plan. It's cheaper and, since I live in a 1900Mhz refarmed HSPA+ area, I've been getting 3G/4G pretty consistently. The AWS HSPA+ thing is going to matter less and less as time goes on and should pretty much be a non-issue by the end of the year.

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a Tmobile customer service guy. I was asking about the 1700 band that is not included in the unlocked phone from HTC. He told me where I use the phone the most(Lexington) there is 4G coverage. Where I live, I am actually roaming from AT&T. He said if I am not in a 4G area, I would still have Tmobile service but I could be a couple of seconds slower than the HSPA with a 1700 band. Is this correct? I wonder if I would be better off buying it from Tmobile rather than HTC. As of now I plan on keeping it on Tmobile unless Verizon changes their plans, which the One wont work on anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad