Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are your thoughts on blink feed?

What the title says. I know that you can't turn it off but is it bothersome or is it useful?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What are your thoughts on blink feed?

I just unchecked all the things so i only have a black screen there which looks nicer

Its alot like the app flipboard

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    jrb363 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by briancook451 View Post
    I just unchecked all the things so i only have a black screen there which looks nicer
    Oh. There's hope then!

I love Flipboard and Blink Feed just extends it. So I'm happy with it.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    TomsAndroid and jrb363 like this.

I love it... Use it a few times a day.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    spewak, TomsAndroid and jrb363 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    What the title says. I know that you can't turn it off but is it bothersome or is it useful?

I like Flipboard but Blinkfeed not so much, mostly because I find it clutters the screen. My Flipboard content only displays when I want to see it, which is when I open the app.

I just made another screen my "home" screen. I still have Blinkfeed of course, but I don't see it unless I flip to that panel.

I really like blinkfeed. I use it multiple times daily.

When I first bought the One, I really didn't think I'd have any use for Blinkfeed. However, I've found it to be very useful for feeding me assorted news items at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
    When I first bought the One, I really didn't think I'd have any use for Blinkfeed. However, I've found it to be very useful for feeding me assorted news items at a glance.
    I feel exactly the same way. I had wished there was a way to disable it but I've been using it more and more

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Squeeze Play likes this.

I found it annoying. The first thing I don't want to see on my phone is random news. I want to see the weather, my calender and other important personal information.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_in_nj View Post
    I like Flipboard but Blinkfeed not so much, mostly because I find it clutters the screen. My Flipboard content only displays when I want to see it, which is when I open the app.

I just made another screen my "home" screen. I still have Blinkfeed of course, but I don't see it unless I flip to that panel.
    Bingo.

I like it, didn't think I would use it but I do. Find myself flipping through it quite often.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Those can be selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    I found it annoying. The first thing I don't want to see on my phone is random news. I want to see the weather, my calender and other important personal information.

I like it. Didn't think I would. I am doing the launcher with a short cut to blink feed trick. Any one complaining youcant feet rid of it is wrong. Although I find it the only thing I like about sense 5

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build 28

I like it. I used to use flipboard so this is a natural transition. It runs really nice too..I don't know why anyone wouldn't like it
    Sent from my amazingly sexy HTC One.
    P.S. Just because I love my HTC One doesn't mean I hate the S4. I understand why you love it, I just love mine more.

I see it as rather a slick background but I don't use it at all and I've long since changed my home screen preferences

Love Blinkfeed, use it several times a day.

The only reason i have it disabled right now is that there is either a lack of, or i havent found it yet, an option to edit the feeds to your own personal likings.

I like it a lot actually. I don't use it exclusively to get my news, but I find myself browsing it very often when I have a few minutes to kill and want to check out some articles.

Follow me @ItzAstonish

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Honestly I like it you get to quickly skim through many stories and if you want to read further you go ahead and do it it's much more versatile then flipboard and also it's not in your way if you flip to another home screen the phone open and closes there it's a really nice touch in my opinion

sent from my amazing HTC One

I still think it was stupid for HTC to force this blinkfeed onto us by filling a home screen. It should be able to be removed. Period. BUT...in it's defense as an app, I find it useful. I'm now addicted to it. I now have blinkfeed and flipboard running (wifi only to update) at the same time so I'm reading and reading and getting jack shiot done around the house. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Curniski View Post
    The only reason i have it disabled right now is that there is either a lack of, or i havent found it yet, an option to edit the feeds to your own personal likings.
    You can change the feeds.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    You can change the feeds.
    Well, that's true to a point, but you are limited to the items HTC chose to list. I would love to be able to list my RSS feeds, especially with Google Reader going away in a few months. Hopefully more options will be added in future updates.

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

I am liking this. But I feel there ought to be more options, like news from the medical world, Aviation so many more comes to mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast