1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC One on T-Mobile?

I searched but didn't see this addressed yet, and hope someone will just know this answer. I want to use the HTC one. I dont want to get locked into any more device contracts so I will spend the extra cash on the device (650 for dev at htc or 550 at sprint). Question is: in order to use on Sprint it seems I can NOT buy dev edition from HTC. Does not have the CDMA radio in it? So if I buy the sprint edition will I be able to take that to T-Mobile if I switch in a few months? Is the sprint device gonna work on other networks?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Sprint HTC One on T-Mobile?

Sorry..I should add, if someone knows if this is possible for the GS4, that would be nice to know as well? though I know its a different thread.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Won't work. Sprint One not compatible with the t-mobile network.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Sprint =CDMA. TMobile = GMS. Not gonna happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

but you guys fail to remember the HTC One is a global device which means it supports GSM. It is possible it may work on T-Mobile but you would need Sprint to unlock it. I think Sprint keeps their devices locked and you have to request an unlock while Verizon just unlock their devices out of the box.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build 28

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinfinest View Post
    but you guys fail to remember the HTC One is a global device which means it supports GSM. It is possible it may work on T-Mobile but you would need Sprint to unlock it. I think Sprint keeps their devices locked and you have to request an unlock while Verizon just unlock their devices out of the box.
    Really? Sprint will unlock just like that? Hmmmmm
    Sent from my amazingly sexy HTC One.
    P.S. Just because I love my HTC One doesn't mean I hate the S4. I understand why you love it, I just love mine more.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

You have to call sprint international services to request a unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinfinest View Post
    but you guys fail to remember the HTC One is a global device which means it supports GSM.
    That's an expensive gamble, I wouldn't tell the OP that unless I'd tested it myself. Personally I did my research before getting the Developer Edition for use on T-mobile. And if it didn't work, I'd reluctantly go with AT&T. Before I paid for it, I'd get the frequency specs on the device to see exactly which networks it would connect.

I was just wondering if you are satisfied with the One on T-mobile. I talked to a Tmobile Customer service worker about the Developers Addition not having the 1700 band but he didn't think it would be much of a hindrance. Just wondering what you have found out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    That's an expensive gamble, I wouldn't tell the OP that unless I'd tested it myself. Personally I did my research before getting the Developer Edition for use on T-mobile. And if it didn't work, I'd reluctantly go with AT&T. Before I paid for it, I'd get the frequency specs on the device to see exactly which networks it would connect.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Well if your not in refarm area all your gonna get in edge and maybe lte if that's being rolled out in your area. And edge is very very slow.

So it is possible to us T-Mobile or ATT on HTC One from Sprint with out having to contant C.S.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by jmh8723 View Post
    So it is possible to us T-Mobile or ATT on HTC One from Sprint with out having to contant C.S.
    No they have different towers.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

No. Tmobile is GSM and Sprint is CDMA... And their LTE networks are on different signals.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

yes it does you can unlock sim function after root and unlock boot loader i have the rom to unlock it