Battery life

Jonas23551

May 2, 2013
Visit site
How can you enable rapid charging on the One. Also can someone suggest a battery saving app?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You can't. HTC removed the option in sense 5. I know rapid charging shortens the life of a battery but at least they could give us the option since the battery is not removable for those times you need a fast charge on the fly.

Battery savers honestly are hit and miss but you can try Juice Defender. I know it did nothing for my S3 but helped quite a bit on Acer A500 tablet.

Jonas23551

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I am trying an app by snapdragon Battery guru. I think it's the same as juice defender. I'll let you know how it works.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The built in power saver feature has extended my daily battery life quite a bit. I have the CPU and Data options checked.

I've been using this too....I was afraid to try the data option but my phone still screams through everything with CPU option checked, so I don't mind getting better battery life that way.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this too....I was afraid to try the data option but my phone still screams through everything with CPU option checked, so I don't mind getting better battery life that way.

I was concerned with the data option at first too, but it does still retrieve my emails and other notifications throughout the day. It must periodically sync. Maybe it's similar to the "smart sync" option in the stock email.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and buy a battery bank. You can charge your battery anytime, anywhere which is helpful.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
you need to unlock your bootloader and install a different kernel to enable fast charging. ive been using a kernel with it enabled and overclocked to 1.9 ghz without any detrimental effects on the battery life so far.

Jonas23551

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I not that familiar with bootloader, however I did jailbreak my previous iPhone. Not sure if I want to jump into that right now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I not that familiar with bootloader, however I did jailbreak my previous iPhone. Not sure if I want to jump into that right now.

Read a ton before diving into the world of rooting. If your root a android and then flash a ROM that isn't for your phone.. It turns into a brick. Unlike jailbreaking you can hurt the phone permanently so just be careful and be sure to read all steps.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon