Who goes "Naked"

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Got a few Mercury cases for my daughters One, 3 for about $15 and fit great. Had to get a screen protector too because the screen was bad after a few weekks of use. 1st scratch happened on Prom night, her and friends kept there phones stacked on table and she thinks friends iPhone made the 1st one. So waiting for screen protector and a few days, now her phone has multiple fine scratches all over the damn screen. She keeps it by itself in a purse pocket, she thinks her nails cause the fine scratches. It is bad! Just 2 week old, horrible.

Really? I don't think it is possible for fingernails to scratch a gg2 screen.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm fact I'm not sure fingernails would scratch any glass used in consumer electronics. Coatings maybe but corning has already shown the coating on gg increases the hardness. To go further if gg2 is as hard as some think I doubt she has any scratches unless her purse is filled with sand and she sloshes the contents around.

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
These days a few scuffs is enough to void your 1 year manufacturers guarantee, and could disqualify your device from insurance coverage assuming you are paying for any.

I guess I don't care that much. It's a 500 dollar phone that will be crap in 2 years. If it gets ****ed up enough that its unusable I I'll just buy a new phone.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm naked myself. I just can't settle on a good case. How is the official HTC double dip case?

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Well, I'm sure they are not her real nails. Wish I was lying, screen is really scuffed bad in less than 2 weeks time. Even the Skinomi screen protector has markings all over it after a few days. Always went with Ghost Armor but wanted to try something less expensive and well, you get what you pay for.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My phones are completely naked, since I see no need for cases. Closest to a case I've used on any phone is a Zagg InvisibleShield maximum coverage kit for my SGSII, and that's only since I didn't want any dents or scratches on the phone's bezel or back cover. (I have the white SGSII and the glossy back cover was very prone to nicks and scratches.) Nonetheless, I don't need the extra protection since I take care of my phone like a baby. (That and I know it won't break easily like an iPhone)

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I keep it naked at my house. Put on my flip case at school. Can't trust friends these days.. Lol. I'm still babying my phone...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone put any ugliness on such a beauty? With phones with immaculate fit and finish like HTC One I'm completely against any foreign objects.
There is nothing better than gripping that cold aluminum first thing in the morning :) But then again, I hardly ever drop my phones. YMMV.

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Going naked for now. Waiting for a white/silver bumper case.

I hate covering up beautiful phones. The most I'll ever do is a bumper case that still shows off the front and back.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 is naked and I use a Seidio Spring Clip Holster to wear the phone. I have the scarlet red phone and every case I looked at covered up most of its scarlet beauty. When I am some place where I am worried about the phone, like when I am fishing, then I lay the phone beside me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thanaxas

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My preference is pouches rather than cases, but I don't have a pouch currently large enough to cover it fully while I'm outside

For the moment I'm using a Viva Flip Case until the pouch I ordered arrives. I tried using the official HTC pouch for the One X but it's a tad too short and the top 1-2mm is exposed (I can assure you, it's more than enough. Mine got scuffed in the exact area that was exposed)

I generally hate cases just because I feel it adds unnecessary bulk for extra protection (which wouldn't save it in the end if, say, you got a High Score on Candy Crush, jumped for joy, and accidentally dropped it in the toilet) :p

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I actually love my white and black speck case, little bulk, good for grip! I am tempted to take off my screen protector, I got one that also outlines the top and bottom grills. Only reason I have them on is because the first HTC ONE I had, had the slightest mark on the top right near the front camera and it drove me NUTS! I returned it, the HTC Double Dip case is what did it!!! So I was not happy, but now that its been almost a month in a week or so I am really itching to take the screen protectors off! My work phone is a moto droid razar and I have no screen protector on it and throw that phone with in my pocket with my keys and other junk and the phone looks amazing!!!!

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
For me it sucked, it was bulky, the pieces felt like they didn't snap completely together no matter how much I tried, and I took it off and saw a slight mark on the top right near my speaker! I would avoid it, I have the white and black speck, and its a lot better, for speck, shockingly not bulky and it provides better protection than the double dip.

I'm naked myself. I just can't settle on a good case. How is the official HTC double dip case?

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
anyone notice any marks or scratches on the top or bottom of the phone around the speakers? I am ready to rip off my shikonbi (spelling sorry) protector, like a previous post, it gets marked up fast! and I had no bubbles :(

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm too nervous to go naked! I figure I'll have this phone for at least a year and I'm bound to goof up once in that time. They have made some nice cases which keep it pretty darn svelt. I really like my Rock flip cover case.

More power to those who are, but I don't trust myself!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay