Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default News about 4.2 from a VERY reliable source

For obvious reasons, I can't give that source out, but I don't ever post about these things unless I am sure of the truth (I think I have posted about these things maybe once or twice before). However, these several individuals let me know that Android 4.2 for HTC One has already been submitted to carriers (before US launch) and is only undergoing carrier testing until it is pushed out to consumers.

So, for T-Mobile users, it shouldn't be too far away. If Verizon had it, probably 2014. hehehe....

It's up to the carriers and that is all the wait there is. Hopefully, performance will be as reliable with 4.2 as it is with 4.1, because I would rather stay with 4.1 and have the zero issues that I am having, rather than having 4.2 with lag, stutter, and unreliable software.
    Thanked by 8:
    ectoren, mballs4life, qnet and 5 others like this.

Default Re: News about 4.2 from a VERY reliable source

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    For obvious reasons, I can't give that source out, but I don't ever post about these things unless I am sure of the truth (I think I have posted about these things maybe once or twice before). However, these several individuals let me know that Android 4.2 for HTC One has already been submitted to carriers (before US launch) and is only undergoing carrier testing until it is pushed out to consumers.

So, for T-Mobile users, it shouldn't be too far away. If Verizon had it, probably 2014. hehehe....

It's up to the carriers and that is all the wait there is. Hopefully, performance will be as reliable with 4.2 as it is with 4.1, because I would rather stay with 4.1 and have the zero issues that I am having, rather than having 4.2 with lag, stutter, and unreliable software.
    I trust you.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Is Sense 5 going to be updated to like Sense 5+ ?

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by antw081 View Post
    Is Sense 5 going to be updated to like Sense 5+ ?

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    I do not know, to be honest. All I know is that 4.2 is in the hands of carriers. Sorry :-(

I decided to trust HTC again after the Evo 3D fiasco I went through and so far this phone has been awesome except BT issues. This update better fix it or my trust will be lost again.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

what do US carriers have to do with people who have international unlocked handsets?
    Phone: HTC One 32GB
    Network: Three UK
    Magdy Samir likes this.

I'm not being sarcastic here but android 4.3 is in testing phase right now. The new N7 will debut with 4.3 most likely.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4
    kuldeepbihola likes this.

I love android but what is it carriers and upgrades? Why can't Google control it like Apple? *not trying to start a fight. LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I love android but what is it carriers and upgrades? Why can't Google control it like Apple? *not trying to start a fight. LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
    It's the manufacturer controlling the update.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
    Apple has enjoyed a leverage advantage since the iP1 and since the beginning Apple has been able to dictate the terms. It's hard to see how this continues given the rise of Android, but Apple still enjoys control over the whole game and is one of the reasons why they make the huge profit they make. As far as the carriers are concerned they control the game, with the single exception of Apple, and they're not going to bust there hump to improve the lives of the customers they already have locked in and would prefer to induce there customers to buy new phones and reset the 2-year clock back to zero.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    the Evo 3D fiasco
    What was this?
    I voided my warranty.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Well lets just hope they can get this out to us in a timely manner; and incoperate some of the fixes that the European models already received.
    Rooted for life
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Apple has enjoyed a leverage advantage since the iP1 and since the beginning Apple has been able to dictate the terms. It's hard to see how this continues given the rise of Android, but Apple still enjoys control over the whole game and is one of the reasons why they make the huge profit they make. As far as the carriers are concerned they control the game, with the single exception of Apple, and they're not going to bust there hump to improve the lives of the customers they already have locked in and would prefer to induce there customers to buy new phones and reset the 2-year clock back to zero.

Brian
    It happens because Apple is a single company and iPhone is still THE phone in the U.S. HTC doesn't have the clout or sales to bypass carriers, and Samsung doesn't care to mess with the whole issue, their time is better spent on other things. IMO.
    Thanked by:
    cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by androidluvr2 View Post
    What was this?
    Signal/roaming issues.. went through 3 of them. 2 of them had tilted screens.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Well lets just hope they can get this out to us in a timely manner; and incoperate some of the fixes that the European models already received.
    The US version was shipped with update already baked in.

Signal/roaming issues.. went through 3 of them. 2 of them had tilted screens.
    My GNex has same problems and my neighbor's Galaxy Note 2 does, too. So Samsung is no better in that respect as far as I am concerned.
    I voided my warranty.
    Gator352 and cizzlen like this.

Will this update come with lock screen widgets?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

My cousin's uncle's mother, who is also his sister, heard from the lady do cuts her hair who knows the guy who makes deliveries to Google who said he thought he heard something about them eating Jelly Bellies at work.

If it's already with carriers then why wouldn't HTC have pushed it to those of us with unlocked and dev editions?
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Thanked by:
    maerlim, dwd3885, Gator352 and 4 others like this.

I hope your right but hope is all I can say since you can't reveal the source. May be trust worthy to you but I don't know who or where it's from :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Gator352 likes this.

The US version was shipped with update already baked in.
    Didn't the AT&T version come with 1.26 and the "update" he is talking about comes with 1.29?

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ICEmayne View Post
    Will this update come with lock screen widgets?

God I hope so. It's the only feature from 4.2 that I really care about. I truly miss Dash Clock. And I never cared for Google's implementation of Notification Toggles.

Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    God I hope so. It's the only feature from 4.2 that I really care about. I truly miss Dash Clock. And I never cared for Google's implementation of Notification Toggles.
    Amen.

Unfortunately, AT&T takes forever in pushing updates.

I would like to see this, but man, lets be real... t mobile and htc took 7 MONTHS past the promised date to actually deliver jellybean to the one s. I am not holding my breath. If it happens, that may be the thing i need to actually push me to get the ONE and not an s4 but i would be super surprised to see this happen even in the next 4 months!

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    It happens because Apple is a single company and iPhone is still THE phone in the U.S. HTC doesn't have the clout or sales to bypass carriers, and Samsung doesn't care to mess with the whole issue, their time is better spent on other things. IMO.
    samsung sold more s3's than the iphone i am pretty sure (could be mistaken though), but you are absolutely right, only samsung would have the clout at the moment and i dont think they really care. They have a pretty decent upgrade track record which shows they know how to work with the carriers to get their updates through.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast