Kernel Android OS

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so just after praising my One, and its battery life, i have had a bit of a weird thing occur. the phone was off the charger for about 4.5 hours and dropped from 100 to 87, without any usage, which has never happened. i installed GSM to see if i can find anything strange and the one thing i notice is that kernel android os is at 38% of usage with an awake time over 9 minutes. nothing else seems to be staying awake as long.

any thoughts? advice?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
so just after praising my One, and its battery life, i have had a bit of a weird thing occur. the phone was off the charger for about 4.5 hours and dropped from 100 to 87, without any usage, which has never happened. i installed GSM to see if i can find anything strange and the one thing i notice is that kernel android os is at 38% of usage with an awake time over 9 minutes. nothing else seems to be staying awake as long.

any thoughts? advice?

Try wakelock detector to see if there is anything else contributing and keeping your phone awake. What GSM is showing you about kernel Android OS is consistent with what I see on my phone. Also check your sync time times because things may be syncing when the system is awake as well. Good luck.

On a side note, this is why users like flashing different kernels. The kernel typically provides the settings for the CPU so people flash custom kernels that have settings tweaked such as unclocking the CPU all the way down when the screen is off so 0 power is used. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do specifically about the stock kernel. We probably can only control the other apps and processes around it.