Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 good, HTC One slightly better

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 good, HTC One slightly better | The Salt Lake Tribune
For anyone who doesn't want to go past adf.ly
For my own personal needs it is true, but it really comes down to what you want from the phone. I like the better low-light performance on the camera, less lag (from what i've read) from the UI, blinkfeed is awesome, and the smaller but higher pixel density screen really does it for me. The S4 offers a lot too but it comes down to what the user wants from the phone.

MartyMcfly

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
New galaxy owner here. I was thiiiis close to purchasing the one, however the lack of expandable memory stopped me. Loving tge galaxy so far.

Sent from my Galaxy 4

timgreen123

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
yes, its true, but i think htc one has lack of quality control so many problem happened

- - - Updated - - -

gap gate. calling noise and more

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, its true, but i think htc one has lack of quality control so many problem happened

- - - Updated - - -

gap gate. calling noise and more

Well, EVERY phone released will have it's share of problems. People rush to forums to post issues looking for help or sympathy. It doesn't mean the phone is a failure ridden mess. Go look at the S4 forums and you'll see "Horrible battery life" "phone running hot" "pink/purple screen" etc etc. I don't think there's any unusual "lack of quality control" for the HTC One. So far I'd say it's a bit on the quiet side compared to other device/phone forums I've seen in the past in terms of number of complaint/problem threads.

After having gone through the scream-fest that the Thunderbolt forums were like back in the day, both of these forums are happy sunshine filled places in comparison....

r_kmelody

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
All phones have their pluses and minuses. The ONE might not have a removable battery or an external sd card slot,but seriously do you really need even 32gb let alone 64gb of space. Secondly, all the fancy gesture features the S4 seems to advertise are nothing but a battery hog. Infact most ppl that own the previous version S3, have most if not all enhancement features turned off lol

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
All phones have their pluses and minuses. The ONE might not have a removable battery or an external sd card slot,but seriously do you really need even 32gb let alone 64gb of space. Secondly, all the fancy gesture features the S4 seems to advertise are nothing but a battery hog. Infact most ppl that own the previous version S3, have most if not all enhancement features turned off lol

Yes, I do need that much space. I have a significant music collection that I would like with me, not on just the cloud which is limited in location signal and by data plan. And that doesn't even count all the photos and video and apps/games I want with me. Frankly I have never understood comments like this. No doubt there's someone in the world that could get by on 1gb of free space, so does that mean we all should? Different sizes for different folks is how virtually every other product is sold. There's no reason why that shouldn't apply to phones too.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do need that much space. I have a significant music collection that I would like with me, not on just the cloud which is limited in location signal and by data plan. And that doesn't even count all the photos and video and apps/games I want with me. Frankly I have never understood comments like this. No doubt there's someone in the world that could get by on 1gb of free space, so does that mean we all should? Different sizes for different folks is how virtually every other product is sold. There's no reason why that shouldn't apply to phones too.

Funnily enough, storage is one positive of the HTC, for me. The S4, at the moment, only has 8-9GB free out of the box. The HTC One has 25GB free. Sure, I could add an SD card but I can't use it for apps which are my main fillers. I'm not a huge gamer but I filled up my 16GB Nexus 7 with apps pretty quickly and that had even more free space. The main positive to the SD card would, for me, be the ability to store my photos and videos from the phone. However, 32GB's is still plenty. Even when the 32GB S4 arrives, it will cost a lot more than the equivelant HTC One (unlocked).

Tom