Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Default How do you get led notifications when battery is charging?

I just got my HTC One 2 days ago.
    Coming from a Evo 4G. I had two separate leds for notifications and battery charge. Can the One
    Display notifications. I. E. Texts, missed calls when on a charger and screen is off?
    Because when I am charging
    The led light just stays either solid red or green until I unplug the charger
    Then it starts to blink if I have a notification.
    Thanks
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

Default Re: How do you get led notifications when battery is charging?

I've seen mention of people trying the app Light Flow. I don't recall if it worked or not. Worth a search on here or just give it a try.

Sent from my HTC ONE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

The unfortunate answer is, you don't. My biggest complaint with the One. There's no option to control the LED notifications while charging (in stock form). HTC limits access to the LED.

LightFlow requires root access. Best you can do at this time that I've found is an app called NoLED that will turn on the screen and display different icons as notifications. I've searched, searched more, posted and asked for a better answer, but that's it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by seventeenseconds View Post
    The unfortunate answer is, you don't. My biggest complaint with the One. There's no option to control the LED notifications while charging (in stock form). HTC limits access to the LED.

LightFlow requires root access. Best you can do at this time that I've found is an app called NoLED that will turn on the screen and display different icons as notifications. I've searched, searched more, posted and asked for a better answer, but that's it so far.
    But doesn't NoLed run down the battery with an LCD screen? Or is it not that bad? I would think having the screen on like that would really kill battery life compared to an AMOLED display.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    But doesn't NoLed run down the battery with an LCD screen? Or is it not that bad? I would think having the screen on like that would really kill battery life compared to an AMOLED display.
    Doesn't matter, because we only have the "issue" while the phone is on charge, so it's already plugged in. Only thing you might do is increase the charge time. Notifications work exactly as expected otherwise. While plugged in, you only get charge status and no other notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by seventeenseconds View Post
    Doesn't matter, because we only have the "issue" while the phone is on charge, so it's already plugged in. Only thing you might do is increase the charge time. Notifications work exactly as expected otherwise. While plugged in, you only get charge status and no other notifications.
    But the app is still running even while off the charger, right? Although perhaps that could be controlled with something like Tasker or Llama.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    But the app is still running even while off the charger, right? Although perhaps that could be controlled with something like Tasker or Llama.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. From when I looked, it seemed pretty configurable. For example, it can be configured to only run during certain hours of the day. I don't know if there's an 'only on charge' option, but you can have it time-out notifications after a certain period. All in all, I think you could keep the battery use fairly tame. I didn't go with it, but it could be a viable option.

Feature list: NoLED