• 1 Post By sfla99
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Android Central's One vs S4 camera comparison

Alex took quite a few pictures with both devices. Take a look for yourself and discuss here.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Android Central's One vs S4 camera comparison

Good comparison, the last bit of the article said it best.
    'Ultimately, both the HTC One and Galaxy S4 are great cameraphones, but for different reasons. Which camera is the best fit for you depends on the kind of shots you plan on taking.'
    I'm happy with my One, and plan to take many shots on the go!

Great article... really well done. I'm a lot less jealous of the S4 camera now. While happy, I had some lingering doubt on the Ones camera capability, but seeing so many side-by-side shots, I'm much more content!

Very fair comparison. But now I would like to see a video comparison showing not only image stablization and image quality, but also sound quality on each, which is something often neglected in these reviews. It's not just about the visual!

Haha that was a funny read, look at the comments, the AC guys post 50 images in comparison and as soon as it ends the replies go on to say they disagree and the S4 can wipe its **** with the Ones camera.

Did they not see pic for pic over and over doing everything the s4 camera can and do it better n low light? The only thing it can do better is make larger images with larger file sizes.

The s4 camera was far from superior and in many cases the lesser. I don't know about you but I take the majority of my pics with my phone either indoors or in low light, I am usually not out in direct sun with no over cast and perfect light balance for a photoshoot with my cell phone haha.

One surprising aspect was how much more picture was displayed in those photos from the one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sfla99 View Post
    Haha that was a funny read, look at the comments, the AC guys post 50 images in comparison and as soon as it ends the replies go on to say they disagree and the S4 can wipe its **** with the Ones camera.

Did they not see pic for pic over and over doing everything the s4 camera can and do it better n low light? The only thing it can do better is make larger images with larger file sizes.

The s4 camera was far from superior and in many cases the lesser. I don't know about you but I take the majority of my pics with my phone either indoors or in low light, I am usually not out in direct sun with no over cast and perfect light balance for a photoshoot with my cell phone haha.

One surprising aspect was how much more picture was displayed in those photos from the one.

The overwhelming majority of people agree on two things: 1) The S4 takes better pics in daylight conditions. 2) The One takes better pics in low-light/less than ideal conditions.

I think the article did a great job showcasing the strengths of each camera. Even the weaknesses of both aren't really "weak", they're just "not as good" as the other can do.

I'm in the same boat as you. Most of my pics are taken indoors or with low-light. So the One camera does better for me.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Great article. Thanks for putting that together.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people agree on two things: 1) The S4 takes better pics in daylight conditions. 2) The One takes better pics in low-light/less than ideal conditions.

I think the article did a great job showcasing the strengths of each camera. Even the weaknesses of both aren't really "weak", they're just "not as good" as the other can do.

I'm in the same boat as you. Most of my pics are taken indoors or with low-light. So the One camera does better for me.
    I agree 100% Kevin, I was extremely pleased to see the zones camera keep up as well as it did. It's just so crazy that even with all of those side by side images showing the same shot from both devices there is still denial of how create these cameras are on both devices.

The s4 took some great shots, but were they worlds better than the One? Not from what I saw, the biggest advantage I can see from the s4 camera is the ability to produce a larger image due to the megapixel count. But when looking at the details of the image size in the review, both cameras performed rather equal. Some times the One was better other times the S4, this is great USC it means both cameras have strengths under specific circumstances.

The summary of the article is perfect, choose which camera makes ore sense for type of pics you take. For me, I am either at work taking the occasional pic of a co worker at home with my family, out in a bar or at n evening event. If I am going to a nature center or the beach I would just bring my D90 and get some really awesome day light shots.

And let's be honest even in daylight the One still performed quite well certainly good enough for no one to be upset with the quality

Kevin O'Quinn likes this.