Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Question Lock and Unlock sounds?

Hi everyone,

I just got my One yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. I have a questions that might be really dumb, but are the lock/unlock sounds on this phone supposed to be barely audible? They almost sound like the speakers are just popping and not a real sound at all. Since I am paranoid with every new device (always worried about defects) I just want to make sure this is normal while I'm still in my 14 day exchange window.

All the notifications and music seem to sound find through the speakers, so my guess is that it is either a software problem or is in fact intentional.

Thanks for your time!

Default Re: Lock and Unlock sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just got my One yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. I have a questions that might be really dumb, but are the lock/unlock sounds on this phone supposed to be barely audible? They almost sound like the speakers are just popping and not a real sound at all. Since I am paranoid with every new device (always worried about defects) I just want to make sure this is normal while I'm still in my 14 day exchange window.

All the notifications and music seem to sound find through the speakers, so my guess is that it is either a software problem or is in fact intentional.

Thanks for your time!
    I don't get any of the screen sounds even though I have them enabled. the only sounds I get are from the dial pad. I think it must be a software problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I can hear the unlock sound, it's like a very, very quiet 'snick' sound. I actually hope that is deliberate because if it is anything other than very subtle I'll immediately disable it as I don't like some of the more noticeable ones my past phones have had!
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

I like how subtle it is. It is a light "snick" sound. That's all I need, I know I'm pressing a button.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I think it's tied to the ringtone level. So if you turn the ringtone level up... the lock/unlock sounds increase too...
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

The lock sound is VERY faint, but it is there too. It's a small knocking sound.